Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-17-2013, 04:57 AM
Loyal Opposition

CEO Compensation

America's CEOs make 354 times what those producing the wealth - the workers - make. If we don't cut taxes on these job creators, how ever will they get by.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 04-17-2013, 06:25 AM
Resident octogenarian

America's CEOs are an obscene collection of greedy bastards.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:28 AM

How can he survive?

""Mr. Immelt, who is on the Fiscal Leadership Council’s CEO steering committee, received a salary of $3.3 million in 2012, a $4.5 million bonus, and millions more in other compensation that brought his total to $25.8 million, the database says. That was 745 times the average worker’s pay of $34,645, according to the AFL-CIO’s Web site.""

Lets see $25.8M/52WKS= $49,6154/WK now /40HRS= $12,404 so that's $207 a second for the year. Let's see what a 90% tax would do to the salary? Just a cool 2.580Mil cleared for the year.

These CEO's are all for cutting the worker bee's salary and benefits whenever need be. Use this counties infrastructure for profit, paid for by the taxes collected by all. But return a portion in gratitude, out of the question!

Barney
Old 04-17-2013, 08:52 AM
Area Man

Someone will be along shortly to tell you that they "earned" it, that "...the board decides to pay them that money and it's their money to do with as they please." and that the only way to create jobs is to give them whatever they want.

Of course the real world is much more brutal than that and nice guys who want to suck up to them like that end up living way too close to the bone.

Regards,
Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 04-17-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:44 AM

This is so insane. Imagine how well this economy would be booming if instead of that huge salary, CEOs received a high but reasonable salary and the rest of the money was divided up to the workforce. Or crazy idea, create more jobs in America instead of outsourcing to Asia. Gonna bury the nations economy with this BS.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:04 AM
Area Man

Agreed, Mike. The give them whatever they want crowd drives me nuts. If anyone hasn't figured out that what they want is "more" regardless of what they've already got and that they are always going to find someone who does it cheaper (More efficiently?) than US...........

Then there is no hope. We're just going to keep chasing the bottomline until there is nothing left but a nation of serfs and masters.

Honestly, I don't know what the answer is anymore. For the time being they have us over a barrel and half the country cheering them on. Telling them it's not just okay to abandon this country and screw it's people in the inevitably futile pursuit to satisfy their greed but that they ADMIRE them for it. It's bizarre and sickening, but for now, I'm afraid that's just how it is.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 04-17-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Agreed, Mike. The give them whatever they want crowd drives me nuts. If anyone hasn't figured out that what they want is "more" regardless of what they've already got and that they are always going to find someone who does it cheaper (More efficiently?) than US...........

Then there is no hope. We're just going to keep chasing the bottomline until there is nothing left but a nation of serfs and masters.

Honestly, I don't know what the answer is anymore. For the time being they have us over a barrel and half the country cheering them on. Telling them it's not just okay to abandon this country and screw it's people in the inevitably futile pursuit to satisfy their greed but that they ADMIRE them for it. It's bizarre and sickening, but for now, I'm afraid that's just how it is.

Dave
The shit would hit the fan if Republican voters knew the truth that their new politicians in Washington DC are being manipulated by dyed-in-the-wool communists.

There is a big global battle that has been going on for a long time, at least since WWII and for sure since the Berlin Wall came down. It just happens that our government is where the global battle is happening at the moment.

Here is an interesting blog post from a Jewish writer in NYC. He gives some insight. I just found this on the internet. It's pretty deep but as best I can tell it describes a difference between the old and new Jewish political thinking. It seems to me that the neoconservative movement has a lot of support from the Jewish community, heck they might even be the leaders. It appears that the Jewish have a historical bone to pick with the Russians. The blog author, who is 55 years old, appears to be saying hey, we need to cool our jets. We are not oppressed anymore.

I dunno. This stuff is all new to me. I just know enough to be confident that laissez-faire is a temporary condition designed to cause a revolution. But who's revolution? Who are the good guys? If the National Democratic Party is so************************t and the Grand Old Party is communist, I'm stuck with voting for what I dislike the least.

http://www.judeofascism.com/2011/04/...onism-and.html
Old 04-17-2013, 10:07 AM

Not to mention the corrosive effect their money has on politics. They finance campaigns outside of their own states. That kind of behavior makes a mess at best and is dangerous at worst.

If they had a monopoly on brainpower we would be in a lot better shape. But they don't. And we aren't.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:22 AM
Area Man

BTW. I know Don intended this to be a thread about CEOs.......

But, you can ad the big stock market gamblers and the banks to the title too. Those are the people who place more demand on the system than anyone else. The whole damn system has become so corrupt.............

Here's the big question;

Once the system no longer benefits the average American and simply becomes a game for the big boys, why should we continue to support it?

It always has been that game, really. But, it seems for a while we got something out of it. We were free to demand our rightful slice of the pie. Now? Look around you. Demand your rightful slice and end up living among the ruins.

Dave
Old 04-17-2013, 10:37 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

'Judeofascism' tells me everything I need to know.

Pete