Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-26-2020, 09:11 PM

Your vision of/ for the U.S.?

I've seen here in the site that there seems to be two general philosophical schools of thought on what the country should be, generally (but not specifically always) represented by the two major parties.
Partisanship aside, what is YOUR vision of what the US is, should be, and should represent?
Old 06-27-2020, 06:51 AM

A benevolent yet strong, forthright honest compassionate country. Looking and planning ahead for the future generations. Where profit or gain for today, selling out tomorrow is viewed with a skeptical eye. In short accountability and oversight in the form of an independent bipartisan entities with the power to police.
A country where another can have views believes lifestyle and be accepted. Where it is realized we are all in this together. Not against each other. Get the anger out of the discussion. In order to accomplish this some sort of control will have to be implemented on speech. Might be in a form of stronger libel laws with enforcement and accountability for social media. The media in general needs to quit the lies and half truths.

Have a stronger educational system to prepare our youth. Does not need to be for collage. Technical, service oriented or other skills training too.

Require at graduation some sort of service to the country for a period of a couple of years. Military and or social service in nature.

Medical insurance for all. In the form of a system like medicare. Let the insurance companies have at the portion not covered by Medicare. Also again with a strong oversight on costs and benefits.
Old 06-27-2020, 07:26 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
I've seen here in the site that there seems to be two general philosophical schools of thought on what the country should be, generally (but not specifically always) represented by the two major parties.
Partisanship aside, what is YOUR vision of what 1) the US is, 2) should be, and 3) should represent?
(numbers added)

Being an apolitical I've no partisanship to shed. My answer order: 1,3,2.

The US is a mess. Always has been, always will be. Just watch the news or read our history. The whole world is a mess too. It's the human condition at work. Good and bad things happen as a result of the mess. BLM being one of the good things. What the US represents is in our founding document: all men are created equal and thus have the rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. To that end we the people established a state and wrote the Constitution. However the manner in which we elect the president and Senate goes against the concept of equality for all. This is correctable and should be.

Last edited by nailer; 06-27-2020 at 08:23 AM.