We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
What makes you think they're not?

John
If you roll on down here, I will show you FIRST HAND that the feds don't give a damn! WTF makes you think they are?
Old 07-06-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
If you roll on down here, I will show you FIRST HAND that the feds don't give a damn! WTF makes you think they are?
I can roll down to the border here in CA if I really want to but I'm really without a frame of reference. All I'd be able to tell is that there is still a problem. I couldn't tell whether it was better or worse than it has been in the recent past. Crime statistics, on the other hand, would lead one to believe that things are improving.

John
Old 07-07-2010, 01:45 AM
Area Man

Quote:
They're not. The Feds have never given a damn. When I lived in San Diego in the early eighties the place was awash with illegal Mexicans, nearly thirty years ago.

I don't think they ever will do much, other than continue to fight any states attempt to close their borders.

Article 1, Section 8 of the U.S. Constitution gives the Federal Government no expressed authority to close the borders. The closest it comes is giving the congress (Federal Government) the authority to "Raise the militia" to "repel invasion".
But, what constitutes "invasion"? (A) Illegal immigration, or (B) An armed attack sanctioned and supported by a foreign government?
I would bet it's choice (B).

I don't know what to tell you, DJ. I know you've got a mess over there, but I don't see that the Feds will ever do much about it, regardless of who Arizona (Or anybody else for that matter.) votes for.

Dave
Old 07-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
WTF makes you think they are?
Because we're not going to let the tail wag the dog over an issue we are unable to control, anyway: unless you're willing to make our borders a militarized zone.

That's much better.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
The DOJ is playing politics.

From what I've read, Missouri has had the same law in place for five years. Why isn't the DOJ suing Missouri?

Chas
or the sanctuary cities? If you look at the lawsuit, those cities are way out of line too, as pointed out to Gibbs yesterday. I lived in Tempe AZ for a little over a year once while the Missus was getting her Master of Theatre degree at ASU. Stinkin illegals at every corner. The same work I was making 40 bucks an hour for at the time in KC paid 13 there. But they're assholes for wanting to enforce federal imigration law. People wonder why this country's going to hell in a bucket.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
or the sanctuary cities? If you look at the lawsuit, those cities are way out of line too, as pointed out to Gibbs yesterday. I lived in Tempe AZ for a little over a year once while the Missus was getting her Master of Theatre degree at ASU. Stinkin illegals at every corner. The same work I was making 40 bucks an hour for at the time in KC paid 13 there. But they're assholes for wanting to enforce federal imigration law. People wonder why this country's going to hell in a bucket.
They do drive wages down.

Funny thing is, the US and Canada are prosperous nations, but once you go south of the Rio Grande, it's one big shithole all of the way to the Straights of Magellan.

Anyone care to elaborate on why that is?

Chas
Old 07-08-2010, 06:53 PM

I dunno, the last time I was across the border it smelled more like piss than shit.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
They do drive wages down.

Funny thing is, the US and Canada are prosperous nations, but once you go south of the Rio Grande, it's one big shithole all of the way to the Straights of Magellan.

Anyone care to elaborate on why that is?

Chas
First, would you care to elaborate as to what makes each one of those countries a shithole? Been to all of them, have you? Formed first-hand educated opinions about each and every one? This must be the case. Otherwise, I'm certain you wouldn't make such a statement.

John
Old 07-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
The same work I was making 40 bucks an hour for at the time in KC paid 13 there.
That would seem to be capitalism at work, not due to immigration: legal or otherwise.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:17 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
That would seem to be capitalism at work, not due to immigration: legal or otherwise.
Right, that's the free market at work. You would think a Republican would celebrate the fact that businesses in Tempe are getting off cheap?
Hooray!!! Low wages and disposable workers makes for a favorable business atmosphere! Yee haw! Woot, woot!!!!

Hey, maybe Arizona could ship some illegals to KC and get rid of those damn $40 an hour electricians and make KC more business friendly? AWESOME!!!! Yee haw!!!! Low wages in KC, Boys!!!! Kick them damned expensive white boys out and get some nice low wage nonunion wetback labor going on! Woot! Woot! That's free market capitalism, baby! The Great American way!!:

Hey TD, I hear McDonalds is hiring!

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 07-09-2010 at 12:20 AM.