Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:10 PM
Area Man

I was at work. But, you're right. I wouldn't have wasted any of my time on that backpatting drivel anyways. Chances are, I won't watch the DNC either.

I hate politicians. I just hate mine a little less than I hate yours.

Dave
Old 08-29-2012, 03:12 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Both are all style, no substance. Maybe Faux News viewers simply cannot tell the difference.
Salient point, Pat.

When your whole world is based on flagwaiving fluff and chest beating vitriol.............................

Dave
Old 08-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Ron Paul is 100% behind Romney as is his son. His son in fact was interviewed at the convention last night, though I doubt if any of the libs here saw it. I think it's odd that you guys don't tune in to the RNC, I wouldn't miss the DNC for anything.
Didn't sound like that to me. Last night he said he was undecided and the Repubs were condemning him and his supporters for being traitors. Yeah, I watched it for a little bit via Current. Then we watched the Hallmark channel as it seemed a bit more reality based and grounded less in the pie in the sky ideas being floated at the RN convention. I think they're pumping nitrous in to the air handlers Jay. You should've gone, it's a cheap buzz and keeps the brain numb from the neck up.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Ron Paul is 100% behind Romney as is his son. His son in fact was interviewed at the convention last night, though I doubt if any of the libs here saw it. I think it's odd that you guys don't tune in to the RNC, I wouldn't miss the DNC for anything.
On today's Talk of the Nation most of his supporters were pretty pissed off. Didn't sound like they would be voting for the 2RR's.

Barney
Old 08-29-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
On today's Talk of the Nation most of his supporters were pretty pissed off. Didn't sound like they would be voting for the 2RR's.

Barney
+1. I don't know where TD is getting his info.

There are no indications that Ron Paul has endorsed Mitt Romney. As for Rand Paul, he's not a presidential candidate so I don't understand how he got lassoed into the fray.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:47 PM
Admin

Last I heard was they were 100% walking out the door after being roundly phucked over by the rules commitee. Where do they get this stuff that RP was 100% behind Romney? Maybe they meant that they were receding into their rearview mirror as they left them dumped on the side of the road waiting for a bus?
I still think the RNC is pumping nitrous oxide into the air handlers at the convention. Not to mention plenty of belladonna in the kool aid. Cheap pricks won't even spring for some decent LSD-25...
Old 08-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
+1. I don't know where TD is getting his info.

There are no indications that Ron Paul has endorsed Mitt Romney. As for Rand Paul, he's not a presidential candidate so I don't understand how he got lassoed into the fray.
From the voices in his head and the GOP lie machine.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Very impressive speeches by all, especially Ann Romney. It was so nice to enjoy a night of politics without any mud slinging. Even Gov. Christie kept a civil tongue. It's a good day to be a Republican in America today, I feel proud of the party.
Christie was speaking to his 2016 supporters it was a long way into his speech before he even mentioned Romney. It was the keynote address. It should have been all about Romney and the RNC platform. Least you think I came up with this: I didn't. Michael Steele, the former head of the RNC said it. He also said the convention had a lifeless feel to it kind of like the Bob Dole convention.

What can I say about Ann Romney's speech. It was good. She read what she was given like any good Mormon/Republican wife would.

These conventions are ridiculous. At the most they should last one day. But that would cut into the wild parties. I can speak from experience that Tampa has a whole lot of nice strip clubs. I am sure the delegates are taking full advantage of them.

Never spent much time in Charlotte any good strip joints there? I know Fayetteville, NC has some really good clubs next to the pawn shops.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
When the GOP has their convention I'll watch it.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
Well the GOP shut down Ron Paul's delegates. That's the end of an era.

Now that the GOP has stuck a sock in the mouth of the last warm blooded thinker in the party the reptiles can get back to their business of fleecing taxpayers.

Those hard-headed slimy bastards are going to start a civil war. I swear to God.
It is called voter suppression. It is a very refined "art" the Republicans are employing all over this country. Had a friend in Florida call yesterday. He went to get his drivers license renewed so he was sure he would be able to vote.

His unexpired drivers license was not good enough to renew. Apparently the laws to renew are changed everyday. He had to present two more picture ID's, Show his SS card or birth certificate, and have to letters from two financial institutions stating he actually lived at the address on his license. I actually googled this and came up with a slightly tamer version of this law, but it is in the interest of the Republicans in Florida to work a little slower updating state websites.

He is an affluent black man so he could come up with the required documents. He was also my room mate my Freshman year in college in the dorm and is a Republican. I think he is having second thoughts. Do you think a black man living in a poor neighbourhood can come up with the documents needed.

Here in the hick state of Arkansas I renewed my drivers license last week and it was four months out of date. No violations, no problem. I was practically assaulted to register to vote thanks to a bill passed by Clinton when he was governor. The motor voter law.

We should be encouraging voter registration not hindering it. The anti-American Republicans are doing everything they can to repress the vote of the Citizens of this country in Florida, Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Arizona, and other Republican controlled states.

Least I remind you what the Conservative movement of the last 30 years wants, I give you the father of the Conservative movement Paul Wyrich.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GBAsFwPglw

That says it all.