Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-02-2017, 06:30 PM
Admin

Bibi Netanyahu Grilled Over Graft

"JERUSALEM — Israeli police investigators questioned Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for three hours Monday night as part of a criminal probe into whether he received bribes from wealthy businessmen.
Although no charges have been filed, the questioning at the prime minister’s official residence marked an escalation in a long-running graft investigation. Afterward, the Israeli police released a short statement confirming that they had questioned Netanyahu over the allegations, but they provided no further details.
The Israeli media, however, reported that the investigation centered on evidence that the prime minister had been given valuable gifts with the apparent expectation of political favors in return." WaPo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.aca6c63efeca

Bye, Bibi.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:50 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:04 PM

As crooked and dishonest as he is, my money is on nothing will happen to this morally bankrupt POS.

Carl
Old 01-06-2017, 08:10 PM
Admin

"Hollywood producer Arnon Milchan, long connected to Israel’s political elite, has emerged as among the wealthy individuals whose gift-giving to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is under review as part of a corruption investigation.

The prime minister is under criminal investigation on suspicion of improperly accepting gifts.

Police are looking into whether Milchan provided Netanyahu with a steady supply of expensive Cuban cigars going back several years, according to reports this week in Haaretz newspaper and Israel’s Channel 2 News Television.

The cumulative value of Milchan’s cigar gifts to Netanyahu was estimated to be in the hundreds of thousands of Israeli shekels, according to the reports. Milchan also reportedly provided bottles of Champagne for Netanyahu’s wife, Sara." LA Times
http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-i...106-story.html

That's a lot of cigars and champagne.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Israel said on Friday it would cut $6 million in funding to the United Nations in 2017 in protest against a U.N. Security Council resolution that demanded an end to Israeli settlement building on land Palestinians want for an independent state.

The United States abstained from the Dec. 23 vote, allowing the 15-member Security Council to adopt the resolution with 14 votes in favor. Israel and U.S. President-elect Donald Trump had called for Washington to wield its veto.

Israel's mission to the United Nations said funding would be cut to U.N. bodies it described as "anti-Israel," including the Committee on the Exercise of the Inalienable Rights of the Palestinian People and the Division for Palestinian Rights.

"It is unreasonable for Israel to fund bodies that operate against us at the U.N.," Israeli U.N. Ambassador Danny Danon said in a statement. "The U.N. must end the absurd reality in which it supports bodies whose sole intent is to spread incitement and anti-Israel propaganda."
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-is...-idUSKBN14Q2GP

Quote:
A Jerusalem municipal panel approved on Wednesday construction of a four-storey building for Jewish settlers in East Jerusalem after postponing a vote on permits for hundreds of other homes in the Israeli-annexed area, an NGO said.

Ir Amim, which opposes Israeli settlement in occupied territory where Palestinians seek to establish a state, said the structure would be erected on a vacant plot in Silwan, a Palestinian neighborhood where settlers have been expanding an enclave.

"Today, while attention has been focused on the removal of ... building permits ... the committee proceeded to approve a controversial project in one of the most flammable neighborhoods in East Jerusalem," Ir Amim said in a statement shortly before U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry was to make a policy speech on Israeli-Palestinian peace.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-is...Name=worldNews

Bibi is possibly the world biggest asshole, he better hope there is no judgement day.

Carl