Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bill View Post
It certainly is a different story if they have a gun noone,

Then you would find out if they had the same moral beliefs as you do ! So now your face to face with a person holding a gun on you, other than fouling yourself, what do you intend to do now ?

Well Bill I have had a gun pulled on me twice and a knife once and I am here.

and never did I foul myself.

I did the prudent thing when faced with a gun, I ran.

When faced with the knife I told the kid to put it away and he did.

I think had I had a gun a bad situation would have been worse. I would have forced a conflict as Zimmerman did.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
So I can't protect my and my neighbors property? I call BS.

Perhaps I should just let my neighbor shoot them.

Pete
In the backwards hillbilly state of Arkinsaw you can't shot anybody trespassing on your property. If the trespasser Jumps out from behind a rock and tries to kill you with a deadly weapon then you have the right of self defense. Kill or be killed. If someone breaks into your home then you have a right to use whatever force you desire to eliminate the threat.

A little story: When I was in college I woke up to someone taking a shower in my apartment. Like all good Arkies I had plenty of guns in the house. We never locked our doors. We did not have to.

I grabbed my Browning .380 and headed for the shower. If I had shot, I would have injured or killed the most beautiful, corn fed, Blond haired, Iowa girl I had ever seen completely drunk and nude. I got her out of the shower since she had passed out. Dried her off, and put her to sleep in my bed. I slept on the coach.

The next day, when she woke up, she was very embarrassed. She was staying next door with friends and had entered the wrong apartment, after a night of partying.

Thankfully she started living with me. We lived together for almost a year until she flaked out and went back to Iowa.

If I had shot her I would not have had all that fun, if yahal know what I mean.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:44 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Crickets chirping over the armed citizen blog? I don't have a cop in my pocket at all times

I agree it's a different situation, slightly. But I will follow anyone walking though our yards, gladly, and let's see what happens

Pete
Old 05-22-2012, 09:53 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Crickets chirping over the armed citizen blog? I don't have a cop in my pocket at all times

I agree it's a different situation, slightly. But I will follow anyone walking though our yards, gladly, and let's see what happens

Pete
No it's much much different Pete.

The kid very nicely came over to Zimmerman's car and asked why he was following him.

Zimmerman then lied to him and said he was not.

The kid accepted the lie as truth and walked off.

Zimmerman than exited his car and followed him.

Hello, now the kid knows this guy just lied to him and has targeted him for something.

I think anyone of us at this point would be very concerned about Zimmerman and at this point take defensive action. Weather that be calling the police, running or turning to physically confront.

Don't you get it Pete? Zimmerman was the problem, the trouble maker not Trayvon.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
No it's much much different Pete.

The kid very nicely came over to Zimmerman's car and asked why he was following him.

Zimmerman then lied to him and said he was not.

The kid accepted the lie as truth and walked off.

Zimmerman than exited his car and followed him.

Hello, now the kid knows this guy just lied to him and has targeted him for something.

I think anyone of us at this point would be very concerned about Zimmerman and at this point take defensive action. Weather that be calling the police, running or turning to physically confront.

Don't you get it Pete? Zimmerman was the problem, the trouble maker not Trayvon.

By your description, and the known proposed facts of this subject, George was a concerned citizen watching and protecting his home and property as well as watching his neighbors properties, in a development that has had many crimes committed in it.

It seems that your thought process is a bit raciest against legal homeowners, or is it his white side that offends you so deeply ? Or is it his Hispanic side that you are offended by ?

I know that I have a sign on my back door, of my gated and fenced backyard that reads: TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT, SURVIVOR'S WILL BE PROSTITUTED ! While I have no desire to kill anyone, I want the proposed burglar to think twice before entering my home...
Old 05-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
By your description, and the known proposed facts of this subject, George was a concerned citizen watching and protecting his home and property as well as watching his neighbors properties, in a development that has had many crimes committed in it.

It seems that your thought process is a bit raciest against legal homeowners, or is it his white side that offends you so deeply ? Or is it his Hispanic side that you are offended by ?

I know that I have a sign on my back door, of my gated and fenced backyard that reads: TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT, SURVIVOR'S WILL BE PROSTITUTED ! While I have no desire to kill anyone, I want the proposed burglar to think twice before entering my home...
Trayvon was not burglarizing anything. He was getting candy.

If you really do have a sigh like that on your gate you will likely never to be able to earn my respect. Sorry
Old 05-22-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Trayvon was not burglarizing anything. He was getting candy.

If you really do have a sigh like that on your gate you will likely never to be able to earn my respect. Sorry

You fellows never bother to read what the other has written ?

I read most post twice, ounce to see what your saying, and a second time to see if that is exactly how and why you said it !

Inside of my locked gated backyard, on my back door is that sign ! ON MY BACK DOOR ! You would have had to scale a 6 foot chain-link fence to see it, or be a friend of mine. Most find it very funny.

In the service my men liked and respected me, I am proud of that. In civilian life I couldn't care one bit if someone respected me or not, while I have a modicum of respect for your opinions, I could care less if your respect me. That is the difference between republicans and democrats.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
I like your sign Bill. I don't have any sign up, but someone comes sneaking around my place they better hope I don't catch 'em and if I do they better convince me real quick that they aren't there to hurt anyone (as difficult as that is going to be in the short time they are going to have to do it). I don't care too much about stuff so a thief might survive the ordeal. I've got lots of stuff and can get more, but my life and that of my family isn't replacable (an exception might be the Harley's. Don't f_ with them, they're like family anyways). I'm not going to deal with any legal BS in such a situation. My guns are nice and quiet, I live in an isolated spot, I'm surrounded by gardens and so I've got new flower beds popping up here all of the time. Newly turned soil around here doesn't even raise anybody's eyebrows. I figure if they came to do no good, they probably didn't tell anyone where they were heading so nobody's gonna come looking for them here.

Zimmerman thought he was doing the right thing. I do feel bad for the kid, but from what facts are coming out he doesn't seem to have handled the situation in a way which was beneficial to his survival. Fatal and unfortunate mistakes were made on his part. It's looking like Zimmerman is going to walk and he probably should for justice to be served. Nothing to celebrate, it just is what it is.

Last edited by mezz; 05-22-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezz View Post
I like your sign Bill. I don't have any sign up, but someone comes sneaking around my place they better hope I don't catch 'em and if I do they better convince me real quick that they aren't there to hurt anyone (as difficult as that is going to be in the short time they are going to have to do it). I don't care too much about stuff so a thief might survive the ordeal. I've got lots of stuff and can get more, but my life and that of my family isn't replacable (an exception might be the Harley's. Don't f_ with them, they're like family anyways). I'm not going to deal with any legal BS in such a situation. My guns are nice and quiet, I live in an isolated spot, I'm surrounded by gardens and so I've got new flower beds popping up here all of the time. Newly turned soil around here doesn't even raise anybody's eyebrows. I figure if they came to do no good, they probably didn't tell anyone where they were heading so nobody's gonna come looking for them here.

Zimmerman thought he was doing the right thing. I do feel bad for the kid, but from what facts are coming out he doesn't seem to have handled the situation in a way which was beneficial to his survival. Fatal and unfortunate mistakes were made on his part. It's looking like Zimmerman is going to walk and he probably should for justice to be served. Nothing to celebrate, it just is what it is.

Thanks mess,

It serves the purpose and it's funny

I doubt that any burglar would notice the word "prostituted", they would think it was Prosecuted, or something else If not for the gun on the sign, they probably could not read it at all.

So far it has worked well as I have had no problems here in over 30 years.

And the signs on my gates reads: NEVER MIND THE DOG, BEWARE OF THE OWNER. My neighbors think that's funny as I do not own a dog, and I told them that the sign refers to my cats, as they own the house, I just live here.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:02 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezz View Post
Zimmerman thought he was doing the right thing.
If you're not empowered to do what you did, by definition you failed to do the "right thing."

It really doesn't matter what you thought at the time.