Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-07-2018, 08:26 AM

Hope I'm off base, wrong, BUT!

The idea we in the USA are in the beginning stages of a new chapter in our history. To close to see the outcome yet.
Authoritarian dear I say even Fascist leaning. With the stacking of Judges the neutering of Checks and Balances. The attracts on truth daily to the point of confusing misleading overload. Distrust in any and all information.
Loyalty to a man not a country. Positions being staffed with loyalty oath signers.
So once again I am thinking this is the beginning of a reshaping this country. Right now to close to see and still thinking of the country that was. But gone forever, we just can't see it yet.
Once again I'm remembering something about the Republican Party. That they always seemed to be looking for a Dictator, strongman. Were willing to cheat lie stack the deck to accommodate their agenda. Refusal to negotiate in good faith.
For they knew the majority if left unhindered would not support them.

Only time will tell, with the election in November being a sign of just how far the takeover has come. For if the Dems fail in their attempt to be a counter measure I fear we are all lost.

Barney
Old 09-07-2018, 08:53 AM

If the boundaries of democrat vs republican could be drawn in a physical sense, and I do mean this literally, we would be in the first stages of a civil war. Because you cannot demographically separate the two, it has not happened. I do not believe all is lost, at least not yet. I think there are many good people in the republican party. I also believe there are many bad people in the democratic party. I am hoping that Trump is the catalyst needed to clean out the cock roaches and the decaying flesh that pervades our system. We may actually attribute the change to his presidency(not him obviously).

These are my hopes.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:14 AM

If the current state of events were reversed. Meaning a Democratic party in charge and the Republican minority. This would already be happening........
Old 09-07-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
The idea we in the USA are in the beginning stages of a new chapter in our history. To close to see the outcome yet.
Authoritarian dear I say even Fascist leaning. With the stacking of Judges the neutering of Checks and Balances. The attracts on truth daily to the point of confusing misleading overload. Distrust in any and all information.
Loyalty to a man not a country. Positions being staffed with loyalty oath signers.
So once again I am thinking this is the beginning of a reshaping this country. Right now to close to see and still thinking of the country that was. But gone forever, we just can't see it yet.
Once again I'm remembering something about the Republican Party. That they always seemed to be looking for a Dictator, strongman. Were willing to cheat lie stack the deck to accommodate their agenda. Refusal to negotiate in good faith.
For they knew the majority if left unhindered would not support them.

Only time will tell, with the election in November being a sign of just how far the takeover has come. For if the Dems fail in their attempt to be a counter measure I fear we are all lost.

Barney

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
John Stewart Mill
Old 09-07-2018, 09:56 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
John Stewart Mill
Yes. And it will get down to who does what, effectively, the good men or the bad men, in the Army, National Guard, and Police. They will have the last good chance to quash civil violence or a coup against the Constitution, if either happens.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:26 PM

Speaking of the Judiciary, what could be in the withheld Kavanaugh dox;
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...don-ncna907391

Last edited by Pio1980; 09-07-2018 at 07:50 PM.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:41 PM

With the advent of the Federalist Society influence on the Judiciary. The fruit of their efforts which is now ripe, is harvested. With the Senate under Mitch's leadership holding off opponents during the Obama presidency. Leaving the filibuster rule behind as any hindrance, they now are on maximum overdrive filling every one possible while able!
Knowing full well this election is a must win for them, the GOP is going to pull out all stops. Dare I say cheat even. For they know what the consequences of a Democratic win will be. They all have been complicit or at least willing, enabling the actions of late.

Barney