Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-19-2018, 05:20 PM
Admin

Chickenhawk Trump Orders Retreat From Syria

'Trump administration plans to pull U.S. troops out of Syria immediately, officials say'

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.f29699c2a2bb

I don't know what to make of this other than if I were a Kurdish ally fighting in Syria, this is a death warrant for them and their families.

Oh well, at least Putin and Assad are happy.
Old 12-19-2018, 06:50 PM

Maybe Pootin threatened to publish the peepee tapes if he didn’t withdraw... Or tell Mueller all about the money laundering.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:20 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Maybe Pootin threatened to publish the peepee tapes if he didn’t withdraw... Or tell Mueller all about the money laundering.
That's half the story. The other half is trying to get Erdogan to chill on MBS in exchange for abandoning the Kurds, Erdogan's bitter enemy.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:40 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
That's half the story. The other half is trying to get Erdogan to chill on MBS in exchange for abandoning the Kurds, Erdogan's bitter enemy.
Emphasing the fact that Trump is not an ideologue; he is essentially a hustler. He understands the importance of MBS to his game.

It appears that Erdogan has the real goods on MBS.

Last edited by Dondilion; 12-20-2018 at 09:45 AM.
Old 12-21-2018, 03:36 PM
Banned

We should be out of Syria, and Afghanistan as well. Obama promised that we would be out of Afghanistan by some time in 2014. But that isn't the point.

The worst part of this, probably by far the part that should be causing the most concern is that we have allies involved in all these actions. Does anybody think Trump took a nano-second to consider telling any of our allies, much less consulting anyy of our allies? Of course none of us believe Trump feels he has to take anybody into account but himself for any fucking thing.

But here's the other question...how many of us believe that Trump doesn't need to clear anything with, much less warn any of our allies of his unilateral actions? About 46% of us believe he doesn't owe any other world leader, ally or not, a fucking thing.

The asshole 46% of us. Us "Murcuns". We all (OK not all, just those of us who are non-assholes) need to hope we won't need any help dealing with the Russians or the Chinese any time soon.
Old 12-22-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Ergodan talked the romper room dimwit into it on a phone call. Donny caved, without consulting the experts.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...e6f_story.html

I sure wish our resident dimwit Whell would "defend" his Dear Leader here. I miss the uproarious laughter his posts guaranteed.

Last edited by Chicks; 12-22-2018 at 10:08 AM.
Old 12-22-2018, 10:59 AM

U.S. envoy to coalition fighting ISIS resigns in protest of Trump’s Syria decision

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...c36_story.html

Quote:
Brett McGurk, the U.S. envoy to the international coalition fighting the Islamic State, has resigned in protest of President Trump’s decision to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria.

His resignation, confirmed by a State Department official familiar with the matter, comes on the heels of Defense Secretary Jim Mattis’s announced departure this week because of differences with White House foreign policy, noticeably in Syria. McGurk’s departure is effective December 31.

Earlier this month, McGurk said that the Islamic State was far from defeated despite its loss of territory. “Nobody working on these issues day to day is complacent. Nobody is declaring a mission accomplished,” McGurk said at a State Department briefing. “Defeating a physical caliphate is one phase of a much longer-term campaign.”
Old 12-22-2018, 11:24 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Ergodan talked the romper room dimwit into it on a phone call. Donny caved, without consulting the experts.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...e6f_story.html

I sure wish our resident dimwit Whell would "defend" his Dear Leader here. I miss the uproarious laughter his posts guaranteed.
It's the 'art of the deal!' You an art critic or something?