Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:30 PM

Leave the Muslims Alone

Here is another article from Pat Buchanan (ooh scary )

In a nutshell he says the Muslims are attacking us because we are there. I have trouble disagreeing with that argument which leads me to the next logical questions -- who put us there and why?

There is a mind game going on and it's a big one with serious consequences for our national security. We need to keep cool and listen to some old wisdom. The new kids have had thirty-plus years to show us how their economic theories are supposed to work and they simply have not produced.

We got into this political and economic mess with a peaceful domestic process. Let's get out of it the same way. And while we are at it let's get real about how we lay out our cities and consume resources. The biggest global fights are over which race will survive the longest. None of them will win by attrition. Along the same line it is pointless for us to waste precious resources on blowing stuff up.

http://buchanan.org/blog/is-the-war-coming-home-4043
Old 05-11-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
Here is another article from Pat Buchanan (ooh scary )

In a nutshell he says the Muslims are attacking us because we are there. I have trouble disagreeing with that argument which leads me to the next logical questions -- who put us there and why?

There is a mind game going on and it's a big one with serious consequences for our national security. We need to keep cool and listen to some old wisdom. The new kids have had thirty-plus years to show us how their economic theories are supposed to work and they simply have not produced.

We got into this political and economic mess with a peaceful domestic process. Let's get out of it the same way. And while we are at it let's get real about how we lay out our cities and consume resources. The biggest global fights are over which race will survive the longest. None of them will win by attrition. Along the same line it is pointless for us to waste precious resources on blowing stuff up.

http://buchanan.org/blog/is-the-war-coming-home-4043

I do believe Pat had a hand in keeping us there.

Who put us there.....well, ultimately the Gov't but when you go back and look at why it's very obvious.....OIL!

When my father came back from Korea in the early/mid 50's, he was a very successful ( in the eyes of the military) Marine Corps tank commander. He was offered a job to go to Saudi Arabia and run tanks along the pipelines of the middle east to keep the native people from attacking the pipelines, pipeline workers and disrupting the oil companies profits. (as you could imagine the indigenous people did not care for big oil business in their homeland). That job paid far more than the income he took instead as a highway engineer for the state of California. It paid a lot more than the City Engineer job in MO that he had 20 years later when I came along......

Needless to say he did not take it as it required joining the military there, something he would not do because of his US citizenship. He was not very keen on the huge oil companies either.

So....we've been there since the 50's (pobably much longer) and we'll not leave until the oil dries up or we are trounced in combat........
Old 05-11-2013, 12:54 PM

The US has already lost two wars there (Neither Iraq nor Afghanistan could be considered a victory by any sane person.), and we are still stirring up crap over there (yes, the Canucks were there too), and causing no end of grief for ourselves.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Admin

Pat isn't scary, he's a piece of crap pol that likes to pretend he's on the outside looking in and thus is able provide some insight or clarity. Of which he has neither.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

We and the British helped stage a coup and subsequent execution of the first democratically elected leader in the Muslim world in 1953 over ensuring oil profits in Iran when Mohammad Mosaddegh wanted to nationalize his country's oil riches. We've been doing similar things over there ever since. In his place, we installed the Shah with his infamous and brutal SAVAK. Yet, Shrub said they hate us for our freedoms.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
We and the British helped stage a coup and subsequent execution of the first democratically elected leader in the Muslim world in 1953 over ensuring oil profits in Iran when Mohammad Mosaddegh wanted to nationalize his country's oil riches. We've been doing similar things over there ever since. In his place, we installed the Shah with his infamous and brutal SAVAK. Yet, Shrub said they hate us for our freedoms.
This is exactly what they tried to recruit my father and his tanking and leadership skills for, to protect the "profits".
Old 05-11-2013, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Odd how people seem to forget that...
Old 05-12-2013, 01:33 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post
Odd how people seem to forget that...
The Iranians surely haven't.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
The Iranians surely haven't.
Nope. And we make sure they don't.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:14 AM
Area Man

What a friggin' mess the whole damn thing has been. I'm sick of all of it and the damn drama that constantly flows from it. The whole Syria/Israel thing and Iran an......I wish we didn't have to care about any of that shyte, f**k all of those crazy people and their stupid religious battles, arguments over borders and whatnot.

Ya know what I mean?

Dave