Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2014, 09:53 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
......I'm on the elliptical when I look up and see alien head Carville talking to Gasbag O'Reilly on the overhead t.v., so I switch to that channel. And what do I hear?

Gasbag; "....the problem is demand. The minimum wage needs to go up. $10 isn't going to kill anyone. The Republicans need to make sure this gets done and if the president tries to veto it, the Democrats are done come 2016." (Paraphrased)

What in the hell is he talking about? And, he isn't the only one you know. Recently some red states went ahead and raised it. Haven't the Dems been trying to get minimum wage legislation for a while now? Didn't the president talk about it in the last SOTU address? Hasn't the GOP bitched for years that the minimum wage is bad for business?

I smell another Republican trick. The minimum wage has been EVIL to them......until it's their turn at bat. Now they want to be seen as the guys who gave poor folks a raise........... All of the sudden they are FOR higher wages and demand side economics after decades of complaining that that very model......doesn't work?

Next thing I know every pea brained wingnut Zombie I see will be telling me all about how the GOP has been fighting for the working poor and the "damned unions" won't let them give any one a raise.....

Dave
What I said. They will pass a minimum wage bill with a poison pill in it--cutting Medicaid for those who recently got it for being too poor for ACA insurance, or something like that.

And of course $10.00 is still a miserly minimum wage....