Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:39 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Why do you find that surprising?
No surprise, I'm fairly entertained that the forces of capitalism are, in some small way, being utilized for the greater good.

Power to the proletariat!
Old 06-23-2015, 11:52 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
The chamber of commerce is worried about $'s, not blood (remember the backtracking by Indiana). There won't be any more bloodshed on this, probably some tears by the GOP contenders.
Some good ole boy will drive down the street with a big Confederate flag flying in the back of his pickup and another good ole boy will insist that he remove it. The fight will be on. Watch and see.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:53 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Where does NASCAR stand on this issue?
We'll see here in Bristol this August.

http://www.bristolmotorspeedway.com/...turns-aug.html

There were many at the drags this past weekend.

http://www.bristoldragway.com/

Last edited by JJIII; 06-23-2015 at 11:56 AM.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
Some good ole boy will drive down the street with a big Confederate flag flying in the back of his pickup and another good ole boy will insist that he remove it. The fight will be on. Watch and see.
It's the government sponsored display of the Confederate Flag that the majority American's are objecting to. And capitalism will trump idealism at every turn, you can bet on it. Eventually the private display of the Dixie may become uncool. This will take time, lost opportunities and a couple of generations.

I wonder how many workers will be sporting Dixie flags on their vehicles in the parking lots of SC auto plants. BMW will get targeted for sure methinks, CA is a huge market for Beamers. PR group at VW will be up for the task.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:34 PM

U.S. Northerners should start traveling around displaying the 2nd Tennessee and Sherman army battle flags.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:47 PM

Retailers are doing what politicians will not. Walmart, today Sears/Kmart & eBay boycotting the rebel flagged merchandise. U.S. of A where money talks and politicians walk.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:16 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
Retailers are doing what politicians will not. Walmart, today Sears/Kmart & eBay boycotting the rebel flagged merchandise. U.S. of A where money talks and politicians walk.
Amazon and Target too .

Looks like maybe a wave is building.

Amazon reports that Confederate merchandise sales were up by 7000% the day before.

This could get interesting.

Speculators might jump into this market and try to make big bucks flipping confederate stuff.

Time for granny to start making Confederate Flag Quilts!

Last edited by Tom Joad; 06-23-2015 at 05:25 PM.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:35 PM
Admin

I hope they get this flag down by the weekend.

Senator Clementa C. Pinckney's body is scheduled to lie in state in the rotunda of the state capitol for a public viewing.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:54 PM

Love this comment by John Oliver.
Quote:
The confederate flag is one of those symbols that should really be seen on t-shirts, belt buckles and bumper stickers to help the rest of us identify the worst people in the world.
John Oliver Knows Exactly What to Do With States That Still Fly the Confederate Flag
http://mic.com/articles/121092/jon-o...eston-massacre

So let capitalism rip off these guys, they will only have themselves to blame.

Edit: You take away the power of the people, we can still vote with our pocketbooks.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:14 PM

Let's cut to the chase, shall we?

The Confederate Flag didn't murder anyone.

The .45 caliber pistol, whatever it's pedigree, didn't murder anyone...at least on it's own.

It was the little whacked out nutjob who murdered these people. He ALONE is responsible for this heinous crime. And while there is a certain amount of speculation concerning the "happy pills" provided by "Dr. Feelgood" as a catalyst for his actions...this remains speculation. Most likely to never to be addressed.

As far as I'm concerned, I'd strap him in the big chair, throw the switch on the wall, and cook 'em like a big chicken. Fuck 'em... he's the one who did it.

And if I were to go looking for someone else to blame, I would ignore the Confederate Flag, firearms, and eyeball the pharmaceutical companies who are selling this (ain't no nice way to say this, so I ain't gonna say it nice) SHIT to any dumb asshole who can get a sawbones to administer this garbage to them in order to for them to ignore reality.

For what it's worth, been there, done that...and it wasn't a positive experience. And that's a fact.

The old joke.

As the psychiatrist told the lady, "Your son steals, madam, because he is a thief."

In this case, "Your son murders madam, because he is a stone cold insane killer."

World's full of 'em.

In other word, let's lay our agenda aside and focus on the the no account son of a bitch who is responsible. Let's address the issue.

Chas