Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-16-2017, 05:29 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
Trump had it right from the beginning.
The only thing Trump got right is that idiots like you would still support him if he shot a guy in broad daylight on 5th Ave.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:34 PM
Admin

"Nazis? Been there, done that. Just ask the Greatest Generation.
The Nazi flags and salutes in Charlottesville over the weekend were a tough sight for anyone who had anything to do with the bloodiest war in human history.

“I signed up to fight Nazis 73 years ago and I’ll do it again if I have to,” tweeted World War II veteran and former Michigan congressman John Dingell.

“Hatred, bigotry, & fascism should have no place in this country,” he wrote.
And thousands of folks retweeted that, and military members liked it, some telling Dingell they’d be right behind him.

The folks behind the World War II Memorial also gave Dingell’s message a thumbs-up. “Thanks #WWII vet Rep Dingell & #GreatestGeneration! Let’s work to encourage unity, civic engagement & personal responsibility in our nation!” the Friends of the National World War II Memorial tweeted.

At an assisted-living facility in Provo, Utah, the World War II veterans who always sit at a lunch table together couldn’t stop talking about the rally-turned-riot in Charlottesville.

“Today, all they could talk about was how they wished they could teach those ‘punk Nazis in Virginia’ a lesson,” Katie Wilson, who works at the retirement community, recounted on Twitter.

Even President Trump finally joined in denouncing the neo-Nazis and Ku Klux Klan by name on Monday.

The last time the red-black- and-white flag of a country was flown, more than 407,000 American lives were lost, nearly half of them in Europe." WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.f6838ed895a7

Well said Mr. Dingell. I'm glad my dad didn't live to see this abomination marching through the streets in Charlottesville, Virginia. He and his fellow GIs in the Tenth Armored Division under Gen. Patton and Gen. Patch fought Nazis from Metz, France to Bastogne, Belgium - Battle of the Bulge, through Germany where they liberated a Dachau subcamp in Landsberg, Bavaria to Austria until the 'Barking Monster' finally blew his brains out in a bunker under Berlin. They stayed on for a short time after the surrender before being mustered out on arrival home at Camp Patrick Henry in Virginia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10th_A...(United_States)

I still have a Nazi dress dagger that he brought home from the war. It's creepy as hell with a gold eagle clutching a swastika on the hilt. I'm told it's worth some money but I'd rather melt the fucking thing down than see some piece of shit neo-Nazi drooling over it.

To see the president equivocate and try to spread the blame for what his supporters did in Charlottesville is disgusting in the extreme and an affront to the memory of everyone killed and wounded by the Nazis.

Hundreds of thousands of our Greatest Generation must be groaning and crying out in protest from the grave at the abomination that was seen marching in Virginia this past weekend.

Shame on them and anyone who tries to explain away their actions.