Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-31-2021, 01:11 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post

"Hey guys, the Earth isn't the center of the universe after all. Here, look at my data...", got Galileo into a world of shit and the damned church was wrong all along. Little has changed.

Insane isn't it?
It's normal for a big chunk of the human race. Wired to cling to their group identity no matter what. And when the time comes, "kill all others."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kill-all-others.jpg (31.7 KB, 25 views)
Old 08-31-2021, 03:51 PM

Way to go DeathSantis:

Quote:
In Florida's 15 largest school districts, at least 21,869 students and 4,481 employees have tested positive for Covid-19 since the start of school, according to a CNN analysis.

At least an additional 45,024 students and staff members have been quarantined or put on "stay home" directives due to possible exposure to Covid-19. That's an increase of 62% since CNN's last update on Thursday afternoon.
Guess schools started a couple of weeks back. Similar situation in Texas with No mask Abbot in charge. Unfortunately these bastards like Abbot and DeSantis will go unchecked unchallenged while dumping on Biden and Afghanistan.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/31/healt...day/index.html
Old 09-12-2021, 08:43 AM
reflexionar

My suggestion...don't be on the fence and don't think its a hoax. My wife's older brother was hanging on the fence about getting vaccinated. He ended up in the hospital down in Big Bear a couple weeks ago with the Delta variant. They flew him down to Arrowhead where he was put on a ventilator as his oxygen levels had dropped to just over 50%. He lasted 14 days and died at 5:45 last night. RIP Wade.

Last edited by mpholland; 09-12-2021 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-12-2021, 08:56 AM
Admin

Sorry to hear that Marc. Condolences to your wife and the family.
Old 09-12-2021, 10:38 AM

As sad news to read this late into the "hoax"!

Timely in that I just, just got off the phone with my Brother N Law. (Unvaccinated)

Wishing him a happy birthday and is informed he was exposed last week. Still not going to get the shot......
Old 09-12-2021, 01:22 PM

Here's hoping that a.) he wasn't exposed and b.) this close call scares him enough to get vaccinated.
Old 09-12-2021, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Here's hoping that a.) he wasn't exposed and b.) this close call scares him enough to get vaccinated.
He has a one man show body shop business going on forty years now. Last week one of the paint stores delivered some product. The next day he called for something and got a text back, they were closed everyone was sick and home with "Delta" ......

He told me today "I feel fine and will wait and see" what happens. Asked me how long he should avoid his Grand kids.

Told him to make sure he told his kids about this.

I gave up on trying to talk to him about just how serious this is, don't register.
Old 09-12-2021, 05:31 PM
reflexionar

I really don't get it. Myself, my wife, oldest daughter and granddaughter all got the Pfizer poke as soon as it was available to us. Wade was the only family member I am aware of that contracted Covid, so that makes a 100% death rate in my family. The rest of my immediate and extended family are all choosing not to. I think of it in terms of a social media post by Libby Jones.

Welcome to the Freedom Cafe!

by Libby Jones:

We trust you to make your own choices if you want to wear a face mask. And, in the same spirit of individual liberty, we allow our staff to make their own choices about the safety procedures they prefer to follow as they prepare and serve your food.

We encourage employees to wash their hands after using the bathroom, but understand that some people may be allergic to certain soaps or may simply prefer not to wash their hands. It is not our place to tell them what to do.

We understand that you may be used to chicken that has been cooked to 165 degrees. We do have to respect that some of our cooks may have seen a meme or a YouTube video saying that 100 degrees is fine and we do not want to encroach on their beliefs.

Some servers may wish to touch your food as they serve it. There is no reason that a healthy person with clean hands can’t touch your food. We will take their word for it that they are healthy and clean.

Water temperature and detergent are highly personal choices, and we allow our dishwashing team to decide how they’d prefer to wash the silverware you will put in your mouth.

Some of you may get sick, but almost everyone survives food poisoning. We think you’ll agree that it’s a small price to pay for the sweet freedom of no one ever being told what to do – and especially not for the silly reason of keeping strangers healthy.
Old 09-13-2021, 08:39 AM

Mpholland, sorry to hear about your brother in law.
Old 09-13-2021, 10:45 AM
Ready

Every sympathy for your family's loss.

Many people feel that avoiding vaccination is what 'people like us' do. They are programmed to avoid rejection by friends and family by sticking with the group belief. Facts can be of little relevance in this decision. Of course, people more used to independent thought and critical thinking can overcome this tendency.