Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-06-2021, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
How on Earth can you cooperate with a faction that backed a mob out to kill your members?
Refuses reality, rather relishing rebellion reverie.
Old 05-07-2021, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
As much as I like Biden as president he comes off as too much of a nice guy. We need someone working with him who can do pissed-off well. An attack dog if you will. Starting with the Big Lie and the attempted insurrection to Repub hypocrisy to Repub obstructionism down to the entire party trying to thwart the will of the American people the majority of whom elected Joe Biden president. Lay it all out there for all to see. The best defense is a good offense. Without a good defense we will see tRump in the WH again and the GQP marching the nation into authoritarianism.
That niceness is what will win over swing voters in 2022.

The Dems aren't going to change the minds of the MAGA masses. A pissed off Democrat message will lose support of suburban voters that lean Republican.
Old 05-07-2021, 11:04 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B View Post
That niceness and getting things done is what will win over swing voters in 2022.

The Dems aren't going to change the minds of the MAGA masses. A pissed off Democrat message will lose support of suburban voters that lean Republican.
Yes, that is how I see it. This country elected Biden, not the Young Turks.
Old 05-07-2021, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B View Post
That niceness is what will win over swing voters in 2022.

You misunderstand. Not a pissed off Democrat message but a spokesperson who can show proper indignation in exposing the GQP lies and expose their attempts to destroy our democratic republic. Give those swing voters and moderates very good reason to choose the Democrats over the Party Of Trump. Lay bare exactly what the Republican party has become and why at this time they are a danger.

Last edited by RickeyM; 05-07-2021 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-07-2021, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
You misunderstand. Not a pissed off Democrat message but a spokesperson who can show proper indignation in exposing the GQP lies and expose their attempts to destroy our democratic republic. Give those swing voters and moderates very good reason to choose the Democrats over the Party Of Trump. Lay bare exactly what the Republican party has become and why at this time they are a danger.
There are renegade Conservatives with more cred doing exactly that, and the Magamorons aren't listening to them.
Old 05-07-2021, 09:28 PM
Ready

The Magamorons aren't the group that matters. They are lost, pretty much. What's in play, as Ricky said, are swing voters and moderates.
Old 05-08-2021, 01:18 AM

Magamorons who are part of the GQP wing of the GOP are indeed the cult and its too late. I do not think that their thinking can be realigned or their priorities realigned.

I spoke to one of our employees who refuses to get vaccinated since it is a matter of freedom to him and he claims that the 'government' has no right to mandate wearing of masks. When I pointed to him that everywhere we go these days, masks are mandatory, I got a blank stare. He has been with us for well over ten years and now his days are marked since he would rather leave than get vaccinated.
Old 05-08-2021, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Magamorons who are part of the GQP wing of the GOP are indeed the cult and its too late. I do not think that their thinking can be realigned or their priorities realigned.

I spoke to one of our employees who refuses to get vaccinated since it is a matter of freedom to him and he claims that the 'government' has no right to mandate wearing of masks. When I pointed to him that everywhere we go these days, masks are mandatory, I got a blank stare. He has been with us for well over ten years and now his days are marked since he would rather leave than get vaccinated.
Just last week two different businesses I frequent when there. Asked if they were making employees get vaccinated? Both said no, they were not. But if the employee does not, then gets sick with C-19, any time off would need to be covered with their own sick days and vacation time. No more of the supplied two week C-19 days for those who do not get the shot!
If no days in the bank, could very well get fired!
Old 05-08-2021, 07:35 AM

I watched some of those interviews on tv with Trump supporters and they truly believe that the election was stolen. They won't listen to the facts and they can offer no evidence to support their belief. It is just mind boggling. I don't see how they can toss aside their critical thinking abilities and blindly follow a con man.
Old 05-08-2021, 08:27 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
I watched some of those interviews on tv with Trump supporters and they truly believe that the election was stolen. They won't listen to the facts and they can offer no evidence to support their belief. It is just mind boggling. I don't see how they can toss aside their critical thinking abilities and blindly follow a con man.
Most people have very very little critical thinking ability, except where they have been trained to apply it in a job function.