Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Jigsawed

Mitt's sons re military

Does anyone knows if any of Mitt's sons been in any of the armed sevices?
Just curious after noting that he has four healthy strong sons, the nation has been at war for the last decade.

We like to criticise the British but in modern times they have put their princes in arms way.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:55 AM

No, neither Mott nor his sons served in the military.
They consider their church mission as a form of service to their country.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:55 AM

Sorry.... Mott should read Mitt.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Does anyone knows if any of Mitt's sons been in any of the armed sevices?
Just curious after noting that he has four healthy strong sons, the nation has been at war for the last decade.

We like to criticise the British but in modern times they have put their princes in arms way.
As they themselves explain it, they are serving the higher calling of getting their father elected as president. I find this very creepy. It suggests that Romney and his family see Romney as the fulfillment of the Mormon "White Horse Prophesy" and their "higher calling" is in seeing the prophesy realized.

John
Old 10-19-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
As they themselves explain it, they are serving the higher calling of getting their father elected as president. I find this very creepy. It suggests that Romney and his family see Romney as the fulfillment of the Mormon "White Horse Prophesy" and their "higher calling" is in seeing the prophesy realized.

John
Of course...Wouldn't you given the circumstances.

Being raised a Mormon this is very serious and scary stuff. Something that should make all take note as there is a lot more to it than just what lies at the surface.

Ol'Jack and Rexella might get their dream of forcing the "Second Coming".

Old Willard believes him self to be a God but he is not Christ. Would this make him the Anti..........

Last edited by Rex E.; 10-19-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
Of course...Wouldn't you given the circumstances.

Being raised a Mormon this is very serious and scary stuff. Something that should make all take note as there is a lot more to it than just what lies at the surface.

Ol'Jack and Rexella might get their dream of forcing the "Second Coming".

Old Willard believes him self to be a God but he is not Christ. Would this make him the Anti..........
I was hoping you'd chime in, Rex. This is very bad and very scary stuff. The press won't touch it because doing so would open them to attack for being bigoted. So..... all the sheeple will shuffle off to the polls and vote for the demigod from Michigan and never know what hit them.

John
Old 10-19-2012, 02:11 PM

Having served in the Navy for 20 years I can see why they did not join...they did not need the money. That more than anything else is the prime impetus for many young people, although of course I do not want to discount the patriotic motives of many who did join in 2001 after 9-11 and those who have served in the Middle East wars.
I do respect people like Biden's son who not only joined but served in Iraq. And if I am not mistaken the members of the Royal Family tend to take dangerous jobs like piloting aircraft and they too go in harm's way. But I do not think one should join just to make one's father or family look good for political purposes only. It is a big decision to make, and one not to be taken lightly, since not only is your life in your hands you have the lives of others sometimes in your hands too.
In other words if I had been rich like them I would not have joined the Navy either....and being well into middle age at the time of 9-11 would have been ineligible for service.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:26 PM

I believe it was Prince William that indeed serve in Afghanistan flying helicopters, near the front lines IIRC. Guess he is not elite enough.

Carl
Old 10-19-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
I believe it was Prince William that indeed serve in Afghanistan flying helicopters, near the front lines IIRC. Guess he is not elite enough.

Carl
Well...we know what the Rmoney's think of the Brits....
Old 10-19-2012, 02:31 PM

Guess it is Prince Harry in the attack helicopters.
Quote:
Prince Harry has flown into Afghanistan to begin a four-month tour of duty with the British army, during which he will command one of the UK's Apache attack helicopters.

The prince, who is known as Captain Wales within the armed forces, flew into the conflict zone from RAF Brize Norton along with hundreds of other military personnel as part of the regular rotation of forces.

Lieutenant Colonel Tim de la Rue, deputy commander of the Joint Aviation Group (JAG), which provides helicopter support to Nato forces, said: "Captain Wales is a serving soldier and a qualified Apache pilot having completed the Apache conversion to role course earlier this year.

"As such, and after further flying experience, he has deployed along with the rest of the squadron as part of a long-planned and scheduled deployment to provide support to Isaf and Afghan forces operating in Helmand."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/se...che-helicopter

Carl