Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Yes and objects can indeed be in two places at the same time (of course as we all know they are not anywhere at all )

This is all relative in much the same way that time (as we think of it) slows the further away we move from gravity.

BTW only 11 dimentioned are currently identified I believe.
Well, that's about 10 too many.

I barely have the stomach to deal with just one.

Chas
Old 01-19-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bill View Post
With SO many sightings by "reliable witnesses", and theories out the windows, where do you think they come from, or not ???

Bill
A great example why anecdotal evidence is utterly useless. Pseudo-science's popular appeal is understandable, given man's hope that there is always something better a trifle beyond our ability to understand. Formal religion, cults, and the belief in UFOs have a lot in common IMHO. Moreover, proving the negation is fraught with difficulty and impossible in this case. The onus is upon the one making the assertion to prove the positive in an objective and repeatable manner.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:25 PM
Area Man

I've travelled between dementians, or at least that was my perception of what was going on........................

Dave

(Misspelling deliberate.)
Old 01-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Noone, nooo...

I'm internet video impaired, IVI for short. They're working on a pill for it lol!

Pete
Old 01-19-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
You called me Kind sir.

What kind?
I'm thinking Super Lemon Haze or maybe some OG Kush but I guess I really don't know ya so it may be hard to place what "Kind" you are

Old 01-19-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I've travelled between dementians, or at least that was my perception of what was going on........................

Dave

(Misspelling deliberate.)
And the meaning to life and everything else was right in the palm of your hand...then 12 hours went by and friggin reality (as we know it) came back on in full force

Old 01-19-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Yes and objects can indeed be in two places at the same time (of course as we all know they are not anywhere at all )

This is all relative in much the same way that time (as we think of it) slows the further away we move from gravity.

BTW only 11 dimentioned are currently identified I believe.

Everything depends on the theory of your choice. From 10, to 26 dimensions may be possible.

Number of dimensions

An intriguing feature of string theory is that it predicts extra dimensions. In classical string theory the number of dimensions is not fixed by any consistency criterion. However, in order to make a consistent quantum theory, string theory is required to live in a spacetime of the so-called "critical dimension": we must have 26 spacetime dimensions for the bosonic string and 10 for the superstring. This is necessary to ensure the vanishing of the conformal anomaly of the worldsheet conformal field theory. Modern understanding indicates that there exist less-trivial ways of satisfying this criteria. Cosmological solutions exist in a wider variety of dimensionalities, and these different dimensions are related by dynamical transitions. The dimensions are more precisely different values of the "effective central charge", a count of degrees of freedom that reduces to dimensionality in weakly curved regimes.[16]

One such theory is the 11-dimensional M-theory, which requires spacetime to have eleven dimensions,[17] as opposed to the usual three spatial dimensions and the fourth dimension of time. The original string theories from the 1980s describe special cases of M-theory where the eleventh dimension is a very small circle or a line, and if these formulations are considered as fundamental, then string theory requires ten dimensions. But the theory also describes universes like ours, with four observable spacetime dimensions, as well as universes with up to 10 flat space dimensions, and also cases where the position in some of the dimensions is not described by a real number, but by a completely different type of mathematical quantity. So the notion of spacetime dimension is not fixed in string theory: it is best thought of as different in different circumstances.[18]

Pick and choose your favorite theory, Quantum Physics has then all.

Bill
Old 01-19-2012, 06:01 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
And the meaning to life and everything else was right in the palm of your hand...then 12 hours went by and friggin reality (as we know it) came back on in full force

.......an entire universe, there, under your fingernail. Ya dig?

Yeah, I can dig it. Planets-n-stars swirling around inside you and all around you............Groooooooovy...............

Dave
Old 01-19-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
.......an entire universe, there, under your fingernail. Ya dig?

Yeah, I can dig it. Planets-n-stars swirling around inside you and all around you............Groooooooovy...............

Dave
Gettin' all tingly now............
Old 01-20-2012, 09:20 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

After much thought, I've come to the conclusion that aliens come from New Jersey.

Pete