Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-26-2014, 07:28 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Broadly speaking income inequality per se is not the problem.

The problem is disposable income at the bottom.
The two are linked. Seeing that the workers at the bottom have little to no "disposable income" is called "efficiency" by those at the top.

Dave
Old 01-26-2014, 07:49 AM
Resident octogenarian

Why they ever let that slut Ayn Rand into the country amazes me. All she did was bite the hand that fed her.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:54 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
Im sorry I don't give a rats ass what my employer makes.
I don't give a rats ass what my fellow employee makes.

I do care what I make and the value I bring to the table for the employer to hire me.

I don't get the mentality that a worker thinks about needing more or equal to the owner because they are doing the work. Why?

Is it your business? Your Risk? Your Worry in managing others and making sure the business services so everybody can work.

Same thing with the article the post is about. I myself need affluent people around they hier my labor. The more they have to spend the more work I get.

Living on the SF peninsula with city after city as you head south from San Francisco. Well these cities were never here before. It took some affluent person wanting a country home from San Francisco. So they said I want a home in the country and buy the land.

Then set out for people to build it for them. Now you didn't commute 20 miles in those days so some small homes went up,stores for goods so the workers can eat and live there. Lumber mills and blacksmiths, farms for produces and ranches for meats. Everybody formed a small community with all the necessities of life. Everyone was making a profit from their labor and had money to spend and others gladly moved there because a city was forming and prophets to be made.

One affluent owner building one home formed a city and a economy. It would also be fair to say this happened thousand of times in the states. And as the cities outgrown the space to build suburbs popped up and formed other cities and economies. I just have to wonder how many others excelled to great heights of monetary status in these communities that one man with money created.

Anyway I think the mentality of lets take the riches money is pretty ignorant view.

Earn a living and make it what you will, if you're good at it you will be on the other side of the fence.
Yes, and what wonderful, benevolent Feudal Lords they all were! Just think of the glorious blessings we would have to behold today, if we had just kept on kissing their asses and plowing their land with a big ol' stupid grin and a hearty "Moanin' Boss! Can I shine yer shoes, fer ya?"

That post was easily the most simplistic litany of hogwash I have read in years.
You are truly talented in that regard and you deserve to be commended for it.

And it's not about "...lets take the riches money...". it's about rightfully expecting a square days pay for a square days work. It's about the rising tide lifting all boats and ensuring the lower economic strata have the tools available to them to rise and succeed.

Or, we could just make sure "the riches" don't have to be bothered with any of this. That way they can make sure they have plenty of peasants to lord over in the years to come. Is this what would make you happy?

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 01-26-2014 at 08:01 AM.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
You sounnded off earlier about Keynesian economics, can you pleas tell us when his policies were ever followed in this country?

Oh yes, earlier you asked if I was old enough to remember WW II, heck I even remember the Great Depression, except that it really was not all that great.
Sure most of the 20th century till today.

But don't ask me anymore questions and expect a response unless you can back up your statement.

merrylaner Said.

Fine sonny you say bull shit, I say prove it. The economy is stagnant, salaries (exceopt for the favoured few) are stagnant. Government as a per capita number says we have fewer civil servants per capita than we had in 1980. Americans are taxed less than citizens of other industrialize countries - mind you thanks to our dumbass system of government they also get less for their money. I am sure that Paul Ryan, Alkan Greenspan and the rest of the blind followers of that slut Ayn Rand will agree with you, but only because they have not had an original thought sind 1955.

Have a nice day and welocome to this nut house, but you are going to have to be firing something other than blanks to survive.

4-2-7 Said

What blanks? I'm putting you right on the reason our economy is suffering.
Federal Reserve, Fiat Currency,Fractional Reserve Banking. This is the reason and it's been a slow trickle since we went off the Gold Standard.

When was that you say? !971, that the point of high inflation and got bad in the early 80s. So Our government started to manipulate the markets and running credit sky high selling bonds oversees. The American public did the same thing going from cash to credit cards just to survive oh and a couple extra cars. That made everything look hunky dory for a while. Well nothing has been fix we are lead to believe inflation is in check. It's not we exported it to other countries.

Did you know that the $100. bill is our largest export?
Did you know 20 years ago the largest quantity of banknotes needing to be printed were $1. dollar bills? Today it's $100. bills.

What do you think will happen when we lose the standing as World Reserve Currency? I'll help you a bit. well all that printing we have been exporting will be coming back to our shores. You think you have inequality now just wait for this. People will wake up in the morning broke, their dollar worth a penny if that. A severe dilution of the currency supply. Do you want FACTS look up survivability of fiat currencies.I think it's only a couple that have made it past 40 years the USD & Pound. Look to history for the truth.

If you're old enough to know how bad WWII was that will look like a cakewalk.

So just my suggestion, instead of worrying about what others have earned in there life. Following the lead from political entities that are deceiving you and created the problem. Figure out a way to help the young that you love put something away for them that will have value.

Because you and me and the currency we use and lead to believe is "Money" Well we will be dust soon along with the USD.

Hey thanks for the wellcome! I also didn't mean your thread was BS just the story and it's origins.

New Post by 4-2-7

So you don't believe in dialog? I respond to your comment about "Blanks" I have putt facts and numerous post on your thread, rebutting your view.

I responded to the thread saying your source is Bull Shit. So if anyone needs to start a thread, post a Bias Opinion. Opinions are not Facts so your post is as you say Shooting Blanks.

Instead of changing the subject that you started please back up the article you felt the need to post. Please backup your view and conviction of at least three years as stated in the opening.

Anyone can say three words and post a link to someone else's writings. But to really know about it and the facts that history hold is another story.

Perhaps that's why you're evading it? You have nothing but blanks? Lay it out there your strong conviction on this subject, present everyone with the facts.
In your own words and some links to backup your claims. That way others and I have something to rebut to otherwise this whole thread is a blank.

Except the facts I presented, and the talking heads attacks. None of which is a dialog.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
He's here to repeat his assigned right wing lie over and over and over again like a broken record.

I suspect we'll be seeing a lot more of them like him.

The right wing propaganda machine will be hiring a whole lot more paid shills now that it's an election year.

Sililar to the way retailers hire extra help for the Christmas shopping season.

Note his conspicuous absence of any response to this post of mine.

That's because my post tells the truth of why our economy started down hill in the 70's.
Are you trying to insinuate something about me?

I am amazed at this site, Im new and have received nothing but attacks. Nothing but a Gang Mentality and Groupthink.

I want to go view your post and took a quick peek but haven't had time. It takes me a while to write and I have been here trying to respond to numerous questions. Should say attacks.

But I am finding no one here wants dialog, facts or a conversation. It seems a preference to wallow in ones own ideology and thats it.

Seems to me that mentality breeds ignorance just what the masters want.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Why they ever let that slut Ayn Rand into the country amazes me. All she did was bite the hand that fed her.
Another one liner.

And a war on women as well.

What about the facts that is the topic of this thread?
Old 01-26-2014, 10:08 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
The two are linked. Seeing that the workers at the bottom have little to no "disposable income" is called "efficiency" by those at the top.

Dave
Efficiency Indeed!
Old 01-26-2014, 10:34 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Another one liner.

And a war on women as well.

What about the facts that is the topic of this thread?
Sorry sonny that was merely a continuation of an earlier post. As for war on women if you consider Ayn Rand a woman you have my sympathy. When a married woman in her forties takes a married man in his twenties as her lover that says much about her character.

I linked you to facts with the OP but being unable to refute them you attacked the messengers instead, a favourite Faux News ploy. Rather than doing that where do you think this country will be in say ten years? Without some drastic changes in this Jack System attitude so prevallent today I would imagine it will be circling the bowl and fiat currency will have nowt to do with it. Simple disregard for one's fellow citizens will make living here so undesirable that reasonable folk will be heading for the exits in droves.

It would seem Abe Lincoln may have been correct when he opined that this country would never be destroyed from without but from within.

Last edited by merrylander; 01-26-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:42 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:

I am amazed at this site, Im new and have received nothing but attacks. Nothing but a Gang Mentality and Groupthink.
That's because you dare to not go along with the lib group think. This pool is full of hungry sharks waiting to attack en masse, all the while claiming to be free, independent thinkers. Some of them really are, some not so much. Stick around a while and it will become apparent who is who.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:44 AM
Resident octogenarian

It is interesting to see the Randian attitude that as the inventor or developer of a thing said inventor should get all the profit. That would be fine if he/she built it all by themselves. Frex Old Henry Ford would have looked pretty funny building his Model T all by himself. My uncle had one and tthey were complex for their time.

So if you hire someone to help you build it why do you imagine they will come on board? Surely it would be because they see a future working with you? Most people want the same things, a roof over their heads, food for their family on the table. If such a future is not visible in the job offered why on earth would they join you?