Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-22-2018, 12:36 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...idterms-655484

As long as you don't tell me that she is the most qualified Democrat in the House to be the leader, I could care less.
BFD. How about we take the House back before the ritual knife between shoulderblades?
Old 06-22-2018, 01:30 PM

Judge denies Manafort attempt to dismiss money laundering charge

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...ndering-charge

Imagine the outcry from wingnut media had Hillary’s campaign manager been charged with money laundering, and other nefarious dealings with Russian aligned actors. Whell would be screaming for her to be locked up. Donny isn’t there yet, but his right-hand men are, one by one, headed to prison. Manafort probably for life.
Old 06-22-2018, 03:48 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
How far left is far left just so I don't fall off the ledge, not that I care.
I can already hear the beating of the drum, "do not let Pelosi get the gavel". That will be the best rallying cry for the Republicans to get their voters to go to the polls and the Dem voters to stay home.
DNC is made up of incompetent blundering fools that got us Trump.
Too late, you've already fallen off that ledge and I'm waiting to see how high you bounce.

I don't think Pelosi's name will rally any Republican voters and I don't think the feckless Democrats can keep themselves from capturing at least one chamber. This is an off year election after all and it's tough for a party who has the presidency and both houses to keep both chambers.

Last edited by nailer; 06-22-2018 at 04:25 PM.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:02 PM

Hope Pelosi develops aviophobia very soon.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:15 PM
Admin

Quote:
Hope Pelosi develops aviophobia very soon.
Did your mom make you eat your vegetables before dessert?
Old 06-22-2018, 07:41 PM
Admin

"Manhattan Federal Court Judge Kimba Wood issued an order on Friday determining that only eight items of communication, out of some 292,226 seized by the FBI from Michael Cohen's office and home, were protected by attorney-client privilege." DB

https://www.thedailybeast.com/judge-...ient-privilege

Ol' Gumshoe Bob Mueller's size 11s must be getting louder and louder in Trump's ears. The 'Fixer' is going to get the last word.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:59 AM
Admin

'Special counsel obtains Trump ally Erik Prince's phones, computer' ABC News

"Special Counsel Robert Mueller is digging deeper into Trump ally and Blackwater founder Erik Prince, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the matter.

Prince, America’s most famous private military contractor, acknowledged last week that he “cooperated” with Mueller’s investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election after falling under scrutiny amid questions about an alleged effort to establish a backchannel between the Trump administration and the Kremlin, something Prince has vehemently denied.

ABC News has since learned that Mueller is also reviewing Prince’s communications. In response to questions from ABC News, a spokesperson for Prince released a statement noting that Prince has provided Mueller with “total access to his phone and computer.”

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/spec...ry?id=56143477

Drip, drip, drip.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:28 PM
Rational Anarchist

Rolaids might help.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:32 PM

SEN. MARK WARNER (D-Va.) hosted a dinner Friday night for more than 100 guests at his house on Martha’s Vineyard as part of the DSCC’S annual Majority Trust retreat. OVERHEARD: Warner, the vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, joking to the crowd: “If you get me one more glass of wine, I’ll tell you stuff only Bob Mueller and I know. If you think you’ve seen wild stuff so far, buckle up. It’s going to be a wild couple of months.”

https://www.politico.com/newsletters...ineyard-281247

Plenty of dirt on the Trumpie campaign, right up to the midterms. Excellent. Though a correction in the markets would be more impactful, and, per many experts, more and more likely given Donny’s idiotic trade wars.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:10 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

A search warrant application unsealed on Wednesday revealed closer links than previously known between President Donald Trump's former campaign manager Paul Manafort and a Russian oligarch with close ties to the Kremlin. In an affidavit attached to the July 2017 application, an FBI agent said he had reviewed tax returns for a company controlled by Manafort and his wife that showed a $10 million loan from a Russian lender identified as Oleg Deripaska, Reuters said.

The affidavit unsealed on Wednesday also disclosed that Deripaska had financially backed Manafort's consulting work in Ukraine when it started in 2005-2006, citing information from a source whose name was redacted, a sign that a former Manafort associate may have cooperated with the investigation.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1JN2YF

Last edited by finnbow; 06-27-2018 at 08:24 PM.