Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-14-2022, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
... And Finn gets all spun up about it, while decrying Fox News for somehow getting their viewers spun up.
Because it's what they do! I guess we're not to believe our lyin' eyes & ears
Old 08-14-2022, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Apparently you all need language lessons too:

Recant: to announce in public that your past beliefs or statements were wrong and that you no longer agree with them.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/...english/recant

Retract is also a synonym of recant.
English 101?

I once took a course in American Rhetoric (not kidding) and IIRC, a person retracts a comment/statement and recants a testimony/affidavit.

Disclosure: I took this course before Nixon coined the term mis-spoke, so perhaps Ms. Griffin mis-spoke in which case, lets skip Cambridge.

Just funning ya, Whell.
Old 08-14-2022, 05:56 PM
Admin

Quote:
Yup, you're worse off than I thought.

Question - if it was so damn funny, why did CNN fire her, and issue the statement: “We found what [Griffin] did disgusting and offensive. We are pleased to see she has apologized and asked that the photos be taken down." Why did Anderson Cooper specifically call her Trump photo / video repugnant? Why did Griffin claim that all her lefty friends - including folks like Chelsea Clinton - told her it was horrid? Why did a number of venues immediately cancel her scheduled performances and issue refunds?

Because no one, with the exception of you guys apparently, found it funny. Nor did she intend it as a joke. She intended it to be as shocking as possible.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...shoot-1008645/

" image, published Tuesday by TMZ, is from a new project by controversial photographer Tyler Shields, who routinely shoots A-list celebrities in shocking poses, including Lindsay Lohan, Hayden Panettiere, Emma Roberts, Demi Lovato and many more for his 2013 book The Dirty Side of Glamour."

She knew exactly what she was doing, and who she was doing it with. She simply misjudged the blowback that she'd get.

"Following intense online backlash, Griffin apologized for the images, despite initially defending them. “I sincerely apologize,” she said in a video on Twitter. “I went way too far. The image is too disturbing. I understand how it offends people, it wasn’t funny, I get it.”"
So much for Christian charity, eh Mike?
Old 08-14-2022, 06:17 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

[QUOTE=whell;409343]
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I suspect this is in reference to the recent IRS job postings, that originally stated that IRS agents must carry firearms and "be willing to use deadly force".

https://www.newsweek.com/irs-deletes...-force-1733352
IRS Special Agents have always carried weapons because they deal with some unsavory scum (drug dealers, money launderers. My cousin from Atlanta retired from a ~30 year career as an IRS Special Agent. She was armed at all times.
Old 08-14-2022, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
So much for Christian charity, eh Mike?
She apologized, then took it back. Why do you think that Christian charity is involved in this case.
Old 08-14-2022, 06:46 PM

[QUOTE=finnbow;409349]
Quote:

IRS Special Agents have always carried weapons because they deal with some unsavory scum (drug dealers, money launderers. My cousin from Atlanta retired from a ~30 year career as an IRS Special Agent. She was armed at all times.
It was such a critical job requirement that the IRS removed it from the job posting.
Old 08-14-2022, 06:52 PM
Admin

Quote:
She apologized, then took it back. Why do you think that Christian charity is involved in this case.
Your obvious lack?
Old 08-14-2022, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Your obvious lack?
Trump good, Griffin bad. smh
Old 08-14-2022, 08:01 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

[QUOTE=whell;409351]
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post

It was such a critical job requirement that the IRS removed it from the job posting.
Because of the mischaracterization of it by wingnuts like you. It's been a job requirement since day one over 100 years ago. Just ask the revenue agents who fought bootleggers and the mob for the past century. For that matter, go back to the Whiskey Rebellion over 300 years ago. I remember being surprised about it when I met my cousin when we were both on business travel in Huntsville, AL over 30 years ago. She had her service piece with her the whole time. You really like to argue about shit that you have no clue about.

Last edited by finnbow; 08-14-2022 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-14-2022, 09:44 PM
Ready

Quote:

I suspect this is in reference to the recent IRS job postings, that originally stated that IRS agents must carry firearms and "be willing to use deadly force".

https://www.newsweek.com/irs-deletes...-force-1733352
You, and Newsweek (in the headline), leave out the word "special." The armed persons are "IRS Special Agents." This is a law enforcement division of the IRS with arrest powers, who deal with criminal violations of the tax code. These positions call for both tax accounting expertise and police training. There aren't so many of these personnel. Most tax examiners/auditors are called "Internal Revenue Agents," they do not carry guns, and have no law enforcement duties. There are job announcements open for these jobs too of course: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/665092300