Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Come on. This is so disingenuous there is no point in debating.
Disingenuous is repeatedly implying something that the facts don't support. Listen to the 911 call.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereocuuple View Post
who the fuck are you to say which humans emotions are more valuable than another. every officer i know is on my side with me on this.

you are a goddamn hypocrite

Ok, so you can swear and call people names...

I'm just soooo impressed.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Disingenuous is repeatedly implying something that the facts don't support. Listen to the 911 call.
If you really think saying, "we don't need you top do that" means "it's up to you" then you do not understand spoken intent.

Sorry, I am trying hard to not antagonize but your "interpretation" is strange at best.

Maybe in Alaska a common expression like "we don't need you top do that" is not the same as in the lower 48. ????
Old 07-10-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
I think the one thing most will agree on the tonight. So far the state has done a piss poor job of arguing this case. Makes me wounder if they ever wanted to win in the first place.

Or the state get what they pay for in Lawyers .

Barney
I'm not so sure they had a big investment in winning considering the build up to Zimmerman's arrest.

If you remember, Zimmerman wasn't arrested initially. It wasn't until the public (encouraged by the media) demanded action that he was arrested. This put law enforcement in a pickle as it made them look like they didn't do the job right the night of the incident. Knowing how closely law enforcement works with local prosecutors in general, I can imagine that there is some camaraderie between the two departments. If Zimmerman walks, just proves law enforcement was right in their initial assessment.

Just my two cents worth of arm chair analyzing...
Old 07-10-2013, 10:04 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Ok, so you can swear and call people names...

I'm just soooo impressed.
That ain't nothin'.

I have been through this with Eric and he's a great guy, just way more "volatile" than even me.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:06 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
I'm not so sure they had a big investment in winning considering the build up to Zimmerman's arrest.

If you remember, Zimmerman wasn't arrested initially. It wasn't until the public (encouraged by the media) demanded action that he was arrested. This put law enforcement in a pickle as it made them look like they didn't do the job right the night of the incident. Knowing how closely law enforcement works with local prosecutors in general, I can imagine that there is some camaraderie between the two departments. If Zimmerman walks, just proves law enforcement was right in their initial assessment.

I have been thinking that for a long time Barbara.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:09 PM

If a girl on a date tell me.... "we don't need you to do that" and I think it's means "it's up to you" how would that play out with the law?

Barney
Old 07-10-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:

Quote:
I have been thinking that for a long time Barbara.
+1 good points!

Barney
Old 07-10-2013, 10:18 PM
Admin

Quote:
That ain't nothin'.

I have been through this with Eric and he's a great guy, just way more "volatile" than even me.
Everyone I've met from Chicago had a big chip on their shoulder. Add some of that Missouri mule stubbornness to it and I can see your point... Let's kill him!

...with kindness.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
That ain't nothin'.

What would debate be without a few heated words now and then

I welcome healthy debate and don't mind the heat as long as it is on topic, respectful, and with passion.

Perhaps Eric will reveal his debate skills in future discussions. It's always good to hears the viewpoints of others.