Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2011, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post
KG, where are you getting this stuff from? You wanna share your sources? Which bank do you work for?

Why protest the White House? The big problems happened when Bush was in power. He be gone now. Or did you forget that the bank failures, the economic collapse, TARP, etc happened on HIS watch?
Bush made many mistakes, however, Obama is not entitled to a free-ride. He has been President for nearly 3 years now and it is time to take responsibility. "The buck stops here" is what was displayed on President Truman's desk. The sitting President is ultimately responsible. There has not even been a federal budget under Obama's watch.

I should also point out, that when the DNC took control of both houses of Congress in January 2007, unemployment was at 4.9% and the economy was very strong. The economy collapsed in mid 2008, 18 months after the Democrats took control of Congress. The collapse continued under Obama. This data comes from the CBO.

Where do I get my information on the 1972 election? Common knowledge. There are some very interesting books written on the 1972 presidential election and the failure of the DNC to capitalize on public sentiment. Several of them were written by prominent Democrats. Including one by George McGovern, the Democrat candidate in 1972. He also holds a Ph.D in History. He especially lays out the missteps of the DNC during that election cycle.