Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-02-2015, 07:17 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
Her running a private server for official, maybe even classified emails is not a simple matter, nor deleting the contents and taking down the server. This one has serious consequences and house is just warming up. Few months down the road this can become a real scandal with legal and political consequences and can hurt the Democratic Party. 'What difference does it make' is not going to do it. This is why I don't support her and I don't think she should get the nomination neither...
QFT. The Dems phucked up by putting all their eggs in Hillary's basket.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:26 PM
Ready

Quote:
I really do not hate her jut don't trust her or her judgement. The email fiasco will not go away and IMO she will probably be worse than Bush2 except for the SC nominations.
Holy shit. Listen to yourself.

Guessing game: what is it that makes believing any and all extreme negative stuff about some target seem simply moderate and reasonable to the believer?
Old 08-02-2015, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Her running a private server for official, maybe even classified emails is not a simple matter, nor deleting the contents and taking down the server. This one has serious consequences and house is just warming up. Few months down the road this can become a real scandal with legal and political consequences and can hurt the Democratic Party. 'What difference does it make' is not going to do it. This is why I don't support her and I don't think she should get the nomination neither. She is toxic politically and probably why she is in hiding as Bernie thunders on.

If Bush2 can destroy Kerry, a genuine war hero with his trumped up 'swift boat' accusations, can you imagine what Bush3 can do to Hillary with this email scandal?
The only people that give a fuck about the server are people who hate her already.
She broke a rule against the Obama administration and Obama did not fire her. Nothing else is going to happen to her. She may not win next year but the email server will not have anything to do with it. The email scandal may back fire because it may come to be seen as a sexist attack. She is a woman and since there is no other thing to really get her on the right wing will start making up stories that will make the swift boat thing look tame. Women, who make up 50 percent of the voting population, may strike back by supporting Hillary more than ever.

A year from now she may be getting so relentlessly attacked that no one will remember the server since who really cares about a server anyway when you think about it.

Now 4500 Americans dying in Iraq, the creation of ISIS, the recession....that is what one thinks of as really awful things, not a server. Bush will not be able to sling dirt since they will throw his brother right back in his face. And he won't be able to count on the Latino vote when they realize that Bush will oppose a path to citizenship. The Dreamers are not going to care if his wife is from Mexico City. Speaking Spanish will not be enough.

Bush Kasich and the others may look "moderate" but don't believe that bullshit for a second. I don't want those guys picking garbage for the Supreme Court. I'll take Hillary on her worst day over any of the GOP.

It is naivete of the highest sort to believe that Wall Street is going to be reigned in by any Democratic president.....and Hillary at least is not acting like she is going to break it up.
She is more honest in that respect.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
The only people that give a fuck about the server are people who hate her already.
.................................................. .................................................. ..........
She is more honest in that respect.
Joe Biden is seriously considering a run, sensing a weakness in Hillary's candidacy perhaps?

It's the last two weeks of campaigning for the general election, specifically in the swing states that wins the Presidency. And guess who already has over a hundred million $'s in his war chest and who is already going broke and unable to get serious donors to back her? Think the undecided voters then are really going to analyze this email server affair? No. Just the word Hillary, lied, government secrets, some Benghazi thrown in for effect and so on. Yes she can attack Bush3 on Iraq but by then GOP would have the ownership for the war transferred to Obama. The word surge will be used frequently I bet.

And finally Hillary and honesty in the same sentence? You live dangerously.

Quote:
DANA POINT, Calif. — Jeb Bush has no apologies for spending much of the year helping his allied super PAC raise more than $103 million, telling a group of wealthy donors on Sunday, "You might as well front load it if you can."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...it-if-you-can/

Last edited by Rajoo; 08-02-2015 at 09:32 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:32 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

After raising $1 million for Barack Obama during his two presidential runs, New York businessman Jon Cooper was exactly the kind of high-powered political “bundler” Hillary Clinton wanted on her team during this year’s run.

But after agreeing to serve as a “Hillstarter” — as the Clinton campaign had dubbed its elite fundraisers — Cooper sat down at his computer a few months ago to write a fundraising pitch for the former secretary of state … and froze.

“I was trying to come up with a rationale for her candidacy — and I couldn’t do it,” Cooper tells Yahoo News. Clinton, he concluded, was “too calculating, too cautious, too controlled.”

So now Cooper, who owns a large manufacturing firm on suburban Long Island and had previously raised money for Clinton’s 2000 Senate campaign, has signed on as the national finance chair for the Draft Biden Committee ...

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/some-...613677451.html

My sentiments exactly.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:09 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Joe Biden is seriously considering a run, sensing a weakness in Hillary's candidacy perhaps?
Or may be to honor the wish of his dying son.

http://time.com/3981228/beau-biden-joe-biden-president/

Jesus Christ Beamer, you are so ate up with your Hillary hate you can't even see straight.

I can understand it from Finnbow.

He's still a Republican at heart.

But you?

Jeeze!
Old 08-03-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Or may be to honor the wish of his dying son.

http://time.com/3981228/beau-biden-joe-biden-president/

Jesus Christ Beamer, you are so ate up with your Hillary hate you can't even see straight.

I can understand it from Finnbow.

He's still a Republican at heart.

But you?

Jeeze!
"You shall not take the name of the LORD in vain", I am after all a heathen.

Now to politics:

She is down to around 5% leads over possible GOP nominees; Bush, Walker, Rubio and Rand. That should worry Dems and that tells me she may not be electable. Reason enough? I don't hate Hillary and in fact have been consistently commenting on this forum that she should not run. But obviously she did not listen to me.

There is optimism and realism and realism says she does not poll well with the independents. Elizabeth Warren steps in and Hills will be toast. Unfortunately age is a factor for Sanders and Biden. By supporting Sanders and Biden we could probably drive her out of the race and then Warren can step in.

The only way I believe Hillary can win is if Trump steps in as an independent candidate. Polls of course support this.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:12 AM
Admin

I smell another Maureen Dowd, 'I hate Hillary' column from the NY Times. That's where all this talk about Joe Biden came from.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:39 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
I smell another Maureen Dowd, 'I hate Hillary' column from the NY Times. That's where all this talk about Joe Biden came from.

Maureen Dowd?

What's she up to these days?

Hatin on Hillary?

I'm not surprised.

I hate Maureen Dowd.

I will never forget or forgive her for her "I am convinced" column that she wrote in response to Colin Powell's UN presentation where he lied like a rug about the "intelligence" about Iraq's WMD program.

I looked for that column a few years later after it was obvious that the whole invasion was based on lies and it has mysteriously disappeared from the internet. But it hasn't disappeared from my memory.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:54 AM

Quote:

It's the last two weeks of campaigning for the general election, specifically in the swing states that wins the Presidency. And guess who already has over a hundred million $'s in his war chest and who is already going broke and unable to get serious donors to back her? Think the undecided voters then are really going to analyze this email server affair? No. Just the word Hillary, lied, government secrets, some Benghazi thrown in for effect and so on. Yes she can attack Bush3 on Iraq but by then GOP would have the ownership for the war transferred to Obama. The word surge will be used frequently I bet.

And finally Hillary and honesty in the same sentence? You live dangerously.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...it-if-you-can/
Hillary lies more than anyone else? Why do you say that? Because she is a woman?

Obama raised a ton of money too..everyone has to in the Citizen's United age.