Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-30-2017, 07:37 PM

Dondilion, Trump's campaign hired a British computer marketing genius company to figure out an effective campaign that targeted very, very specific people whom he wanted to reach. If this marketing guru figured out whom to target for computer based outreach ads, and this information was placed in the hands of offshore multinationals, who then built twenty ads that could be bannered and placed on very specific sites that these untapped voters accessed daily, it could likely make a difference.

The fact that Macedonian and Russian Facebook marketeers were creating "Black Lives Matter" material on their own, and then dropping it on Facebook, and were being paid by Russian interests, tells me a lot about their disinformation targets. It certainly was not for the benefit of the core BLM movement.

Last edited by sheltiedave; 10-01-2017 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:34 PM

Facebook: Russian ads reached 10 million people.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/02/medi...ion/index.html

No doubt targeted to Trump leaning idiots, with lots of help from the Mercers' analytics company and Manafort.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:36 PM

Jennifer Rubin: Trump's Cover-up Now Makes Sense

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...w-makes-sense/

The case against Trump and his lies is irrefutable at this point. You'd have to be as dumb as whell to disagree. Rubin lays it all out with her usual clarity. Any decent President would have resigned long ago knowing what Trump knows about his crimes. Sadly, Trump has no decency.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:13 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Facebook: Russian ads reached 10 million people.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/02/medi...ion/index.html

No doubt targeted to Trump leaning idiots, with lots of help from the Mercers' analytics company and Manafort.
Damn! The Russians are more efficient than I thought. Buried in the linked article 56 percent of the ads was viewed after the election.

Old 10-05-2017, 09:51 AM

I'm more convinced every day that you are a Russian bot. Who in their right mind would post so often favorably about Russia, and get their "news" from RT?
Old 10-05-2017, 10:07 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
I'm more convinced every day that you are a Russian bot. Who in their right mind would post so often favorably about Russia, and get their "news" from RT?
The 56 percent is from your linked article...not from RT. You have a fear of logic.

The narrative that the Russians gave Trump the election is more noise than substance.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:10 AM
Ready

Trump won by 70,000 votes. 10% of the ads could have done it. Who says these were all the ads anyway? And who says ads were the only mechanism of influence? Don't forget the bots and shills, to mention only the blazingly obvious....
Old 10-05-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
The 56 percent is from your linked article...not from RT. You have a fear of logic.

The narrative that the Russians gave Trump the election is more noise than substance.
I am sure that is a parroted statement not supported by wisdom.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Trump won by 70,000 votes. 10% of the ads could have done it. Who says these were all the ads anyway? And who says ads were the only mechanism of influence? Don't forget the bots and shills, to mention only the blazingly obvious....
Are there samples of the wording used on any of these ads that are to be found somewhere?
I am just curious as to how this is done, not questioning that this was done.
As far as I am concerned, there is nothing positive about social media.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:56 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
That would be ingeniously clever. These ads and bots and shills are not in a vacuum. They have competition.

However, let me point you to what I regard as part of the noise--headline: 10 million view ads; only to discover that 56 percent view the ads after the election.

Furthermore the only thing to connect these ads to Russia is that they were bought with rubles.

Cost of the ads $100.000. Therefore we can make an educated guess that the cost of the pre-election ads is less than $50.000. Peanuts for any private citizen. In the media there is an hullabaloo about these ads.

Put up that against Trump spending over $150. million on Facebook and Instagram.

Last edited by Dondilion; 10-05-2017 at 12:05 PM.