Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
Sorry but I do not subscribe to the Wall Street Urinal
Old 01-31-2012, 09:10 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Bingo! Here in Orange co. the well to do drive porche and mercedes SUVs the not so well to do are driving those cast off escalades and suburbans.Cable wasn't even available in middle class areas much less the poorer areas in the
'80s. We got cable in the later half of the decade in the mid-class areas and it's still a monopoly. Specious arguments on the part of the OP, bullshit is bullshit!
Cars, including used cars, are much more expensive than they used to be even 10 years ago. Much more.

Not only did C for C take used parts off the market they also cleared out a lot of older used cars. Why sell your servicable used car for $2000 when the feds would give you 4?

Then you've got government making everything more expensive in other ways too generally in the name of goodness and light. Our water department is raising rates, gas is going up, clean and healthy means more expensive for sure...

As a percentage of income these wonderful things always, always effect the poor the most.

Pete
Old 01-31-2012, 10:50 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
You want to see how poor people are, go sit in front of a WIC clinic, or up here "Denali Kid Care" and watch the "poor" people walking in and out, talking on their iphones and driving their SUVs.
good grief

I just can't belive all the folks who have been convinced that the poor are taking advantage of them.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Sorry but I do not subscribe to the Wall Street Urinal
Never HAD to make money on your own?
Old 02-01-2012, 12:34 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
Last I looked, we have an obesity problem not a starvation problem. Even Michelle argues that point. If people are better off then than now, then what was the point of Johnson's Great Society? Specious is believing that if millionaires and billionaires didn't exist the poor would be somehow better off. The economy is not a quid pro quo game—just because some have more doesn't mean that any given person necessarily have less.
Maybe you oughta dumb that one down cause you aren't making any sense at least to me. The last person I would waste any time listening to is Bachman. She 's a pale imitation of another batshit crazy as hell tea partyist, Palin.

By the way I'm no Marxist/ Leninst by any stretch of imagination. I do believe that corporate welfare along with deregulation are just a couple of the great evils perpetrated on society of late. Just look at the figures. Social welfare is a tiny pimple compared to the sheer volume of loot plundered from the Treasury by corporate Amerika. Almost every citizen paid far more taxes than GE just to name one!
Old 02-01-2012, 01:28 AM

I'm laughing at the person who 'lived in the hood' and thus, knows all about poor.
When you are desperate enough to pick the oranges off the ground of your neighbors tree when they aren't looking to feed your children while at the same time you are raising them to respect others property and not steal, then, may be you will get a clue.....
Old 02-01-2012, 01:33 AM
Admin

A warm welcome to you , Barbara
Old 02-01-2012, 01:42 AM

Thank you for the welcome...
Old 02-01-2012, 05:42 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Thank you for the welcome...
Here's another one.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
I'm laughing at the person who 'lived in the hood' and thus, knows all about poor.
When you are desperate enough to pick the oranges off the ground of your neighbors tree when they aren't looking to feed your children while at the same time you are raising them to respect others property and not steal, then, may be you will get a clue.....
In defense of Pete, he wasn't always a WEALTHY pain in the ass.

Chas