Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:18 PM

MoveOn.org asks for help

"Dear MoveOn member, Do you own, manage, or work for a small business?

If so, Senator Debbie Stabenow needs to hear from you about health care.

Right-wing extremists are lying about President Obama's health care plan. But the truth is that real health care reform with a strong public health insurance option will help small businesses save money and bring down costs for all of us.

Politicians pay close attention to the voices of small business leaders. Can you sign a special open letter to show Sen. Stabenow that small business leaders like you support a strong public health insurance option?

Yes, I own, manage, or work for a small business and I want to sign the letter.

Sorry, I'm not involved in a small business.

With Congress home from Washington for their summer recess, the next three weeks could be make-or-break for health care reform.

They're already hearing a lot from right-wing extremists opposed to reform—so it's incredibly important they also hear from small-business leaders with firsthand knowledge of just how badly our health care system needs fixing.

We'll be sharing these letters with members of Congress and also working to get them printed in local newspapers—to make sure your important perspective is heard as the effort to reform health care moves into the home stretch.

Thanks for all you do.

–Nita, Kat, Michael, Wes and the rest of the team

Want to support our work? We're entirely funded by our 5 million members—no corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. Chip in here."

As an absolute tiny small business owner, all I can say is...have another toke, Son.

Talk about ain't gotta clue! He may as well be asking the blacks to donate money to the Klan!

No corporate contributions, no big checks from CEO's? Let me guess why.

Chas
Old 08-14-2009, 08:40 PM

Shit, they don't need any small businesses, either...Isn't that the gazillionaire & perpetually pissed off malcontent George Soros' group ? If he hates our system so badly, why don't he hi-tail it back to Budapest from whence he came-& George, don't let the screen door hit you in the tucchis on yer way out, either...
Old 08-14-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Shit, they don't need any small businesses, either...Isn't that the gazillionaire & perpetually pissed off malcontent George Soros' group ? If he hates our system so badly, why don't he hi-tail it back to Budapest from whence he came-& George, don't let the screen door hit you in the tucchis on yer way out, either...
You're correct there, Sandy. Seems like the AMA and some other heavy hitters have signed on also...and they didn't do it to help the "pore folks".

MoveOn outta just, well, move on. They're just useful idiots, small fish in a big pond.

Chas
Old 08-15-2009, 06:30 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
...Isn't that the gazillionaire & perpetually pissed off malcontent George Soros' group ? If he hates our system so badly, why don't he hi-tail it back to Budapest from whence he came-& George, don't let the screen door hit you in the tucchis on yer way out, either...
Isn't that the gazillionaire & perpetually pissed off malcontent Rupert Murdoch's group ? If he hates our system so badly, why don't he hi-tail it back to Australia from whence he came-& George, don't let the screen door hit you in the tucchis on yer way out, either

Or is Murdoch the one on the right who runs fox?
Old 08-15-2009, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Isn't that the gazillionaire & perpetually pissed off malcontent Rupert Murdoch's group ? If he hates our system so badly, why don't he hi-tail it back to Australia from whence he came-& George, don't let the screen door hit you in the tucchis on yer way out, either

Or is Murdoch the one on the right who runs fox?
Let me guess, you don't like Fox News?

Chas
Old 08-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Let me guess, you don't like Fox News?

Chas
LOL

It's not news at all and it is the biggest single contributor to the divisiveness in the country today.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
LOL

It's not news at all and it is the biggest single contributor to the divisiveness in the country today.
Takes two to tango. I thought that the current divisiveness in the country was due to the fact that people disagree with one another.

Now if you're saying that only your particular viewpoint should be heard, then I suppose that you are correct.

Chas