Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Welsh?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Nad yw'r Gymraeg yn dafodiaith Saesneg!
Old 06-19-2014, 09:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
To answer you question, evidently you may not have talked to many phone centers lately. Talking by chat via messaging or selecting options or a live conversation. I will always try talking to a real live person. But when the people on the other end talk English but with a strong accent, one that I find hard to understand. Even when it is their first language and speak it properly.

By stating ""American"" the only point I was making was someone in the US to talk to. Who is use to the language and mannerisms that come from living here. Not necessarily born in the USA but experienced with talking to people in the US. For trust me they have as much of a problem with understanding me as I do them. This gets frustrating quickly for all involved. More so if the truth be known I have a hard time with English.

As to responding in what you consider a timely fashion. Sometimes posts get missed and or buried when one is enjoying life away from the computer. Life has many facets filled with distractions. Keeping up with many distractions, priorities and the likes is a never ending enjoyment.

Barney
Ok your only (?) bigotry is with individuals you can't communicate with. You dislike when companies hire individuals that do not speak just like you, "Speaking American" whatever the fuck that is. Go ahead and try to clean it up all you want but the comment is viewed by others as a bigoted statement. Especially on a worldwide website that has participants as such.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:33 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
Ok your only (?) bigotry is with individuals you can't communicate with. You dislike when companies hire individuals that do not speak just like you, "Speaking American" whatever the fuck that is. Go ahead and try to clean it up all you want but the comment is viewed by others as a bigoted statement. Especially on a worldwide website that has participants as such.
What is worse?

Making a general statement that could be construed as disparaging of non-US service providers, for the reason that communications difficulty adds to the frustration of having to seek service?

Or going out of your way to be sharply critical of a particular individual because you enjoy playing gotcha?
Old 06-19-2014, 09:36 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
So you believe that an American company should only hire people from overseas to answer their customer service lines?

It has already been explained to you what American is as a language, perhaps if we had used single syllable words you just might have grasped the concept.

Last edited by merrylander; 06-19-2014 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
What is worse?

Making a general statement that could be construed as disparaging of non-US service providers, for the reason that communications difficulty adds to the frustration of having to seek service?

Or going out of your way to be sharply critical of a particular individual because you enjoy playing gotcha?
I doubt he has a fucking clue as to what you're talking about. Jeez-o-pete, man...he was all confused about "hello boys, I'm back".
Old 06-19-2014, 11:06 AM

English is the language. American is the dialect.

Dialect....http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dialect

1. Linguistics . a variety of a language that is distinguished from other varieties of the same language by features of phonology, grammar, and vocabulary, and by its use by a group of speakers who are set off from others geographically or socially.

2. a provincial, rural, or socially distinct variety of a language that differs from the standard language, especially when considered as substandard.

3. a special variety of a language: The literary dialect is usually taken as the standard language.

4.a language considered as one of a group that have a common ancestor: Persian, Latin, and English are Indo-European dialects.

5.jargon or cant.

I for one need to sometimes use closed captions when watching Masterpiece Theater on PBS. On British programs!

This will be my last reply on this misdirection.

Barney
Old 06-19-2014, 11:19 AM
Admin

Quote:
Who are these "others" that you speak of? You and the voices in your head?
Old 06-19-2014, 12:09 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Is Obie about to announce American boots on the ground in Iraq?

Pete
Old 06-19-2014, 12:13 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Is Obie about to announce American boots on the ground in Iraq?

Pete
I sure hope not.