Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-25-2020, 09:58 AM

Conservatives blast Supreme Court ruling: Roberts has 'abandoned his oath'

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...-abandoned-his

Disgusting conservative Repubes REALLY hate it when SCOTUS rules sensibly.
Old 07-25-2020, 04:06 PM

Orange Shitstain's convention cancellation is costing GOP donors millions
Of the $38 million raised by the host committee for Charlotte, North Carolina, most has been spent, according to Republicans familiar with the finances.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...lions-n1234896

Awww. Crocodile tears.
Old 07-25-2020, 04:07 PM

They are good at wasting others people money!
Old 07-25-2020, 04:25 PM

The wealthy Republicans who want to oust Trump in November's election

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN24P12Q

Quote:
“I agree with 80% of the things he does; I just cannot stand a liar,” Tosh, 70, said of Trump.

Tosh is one of a growing number of wealthy conservative Americans who say Trump is a threat to democracy and the long-term health of the Republican Party. They are actively supporting his Democratic opponent in the Nov. 3 vote, former Vice President Joe Biden.

Several billionaire and millionaire donors to The Lincoln Project, the most prominent of Republican-backed groups opposing Trump’s re-election, told Reuters that elected Republicans should also be punished for enabling him. Some even support the ouster of vulnerable Republican senators to hand control of the chamber to Democrats.
Lots of thoroughly disgusted Republicans, it appears. Hope they can achieve their goal.
Old 07-25-2020, 05:38 PM
Admin

Even the Reaganauts are leery of hitching their star to this foul smelling shambling cart full of lying grifters and petty crooks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ge%2Fstory-ans
Old 07-25-2020, 07:39 PM

Rep. Ted Yoho removed from board of Christian charity over his comments about Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...3a0_story.html

Karma, asshole!
Old 07-26-2020, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Rep. Ted Yoho removed from board of Christian charity over his comments about Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...3a0_story.html

Karma, asshole!
Why must these Repubs speak about others "not them" with such poison? At least in this case karma slapped him upside the head for it.
Old 07-26-2020, 04:53 PM
Ready

Copied from Facebook, posted July 7 but I just happened to see it.

A very powerful short essay, on why the current Republican racism should not just be shrugged off. Written by a Republican, thus I'm posting it in this topic. It proves that some decent ones are still alive, just purged from any sort of political position....

--------------------
President George W. Bush's chief speechwriter, Michael Gerson, has a message for people who are excusing President Trump's racism:

"I had fully intended to ignore President Trump’s latest round of racially charged taunts against an African American elected official, and an African American activist, and an African American journalist and a whole city with a lot of African Americans in it. I had every intention of walking past Trump’s latest outrages and writing about the self-destructive squabbling of the Democratic presidential field, which has chosen to shame former vice president Joe Biden for the sin of being an electable, moderate liberal.

But I made the mistake of pulling James Cone’s 'The Cross and the Lynching Tree' off my shelf — a book designed to shatter convenient complacency. Cone recounts the case of a white mob in Valdosta, Ga., in 1918 that lynched an innocent man named Haynes Turner. Turner’s enraged wife, Mary, promised justice for the killers. The sheriff responded by arresting her and then turning her over to the mob, which included women and children. According to one source, Mary was 'stripped, hung upside down by the ankles, soaked with gasoline, and roasted to death. In the midst of this torment, a white man opened her swollen belly with a hunting knife and her infant fell to the ground and was stomped to death.'

God help us. It is hard to write the words. This evil — the evil of white supremacy, resulting in dehumanization, inhumanity and murder — is the worst stain, the greatest crime, of U.S. history. It is the thing that nearly broke the nation. It is the thing that proved generations of Christians to be vicious hypocrites. It is the thing that turned normal people into moral monsters, capable of burning a grieving widow to death and killing her child.

When the president of the United States plays with that fire or takes that beast out for a walk, it is not just another political event, not just a normal day in campaign 2020. It is a cause for shame. It is the violation of martyrs’ graves. It is obscene graffiti on the Lincoln Memorial. It is, in the eyes of history, the betrayal — the re-betrayal — of Haynes and Mary Turner and their child. And all of this is being done by an ignorant and arrogant narcissist reviving racist tropes for political gain, indifferent to the wreckage he is leaving, the wounds he is ripping open.

Like, I suspect, many others, I am finding it hard to look at resurgent racism as just one in a series of presidential offenses or another in a series of Republican errors. Racism is not just another wrong. The Antietam battlefield is not just another plot of ground. The Edmund Pettus Bridge is not just another bridge. The balcony outside Room 306 at the Lorraine Motel is not just another balcony. As U.S. history hallows some causes, it magnifies some crimes.

What does all this mean politically? It means that Trump’s divisiveness is getting worse, not better. He makes racist comments, appeals to racist sentiments and inflames racist passions. The rationalization that he is not, deep down in his heart, really a racist is meaningless. Trump’s continued offenses mean that a large portion of his political base is energized by racist tropes and the language of white grievance. And it means — whatever their intent — that those who play down, or excuse, or try to walk past these offenses are enablers.

Some political choices are not just stupid or crude. They represent the return of our country’s cruelest, most dangerous passion. Such racism indicts Trump. Treating racism as a typical or minor matter indicts us."
— Michael Gerson
Old 07-26-2020, 06:42 PM

Exclamation

Ahem, wow
Old 07-27-2020, 01:09 PM

Tom Cotton Cries ‘Fake News’ When ‘Faux & Fiends’ Directly Quotes Him on Slavery
‘SOME SAY THAT WAS INSENSITIVE’
“Well, that is fake news, Brian, that is not what I said,” the GOP senator replied after Kilmeade directly quoted him referring to slavery as a “necessary evil.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tom-co...him-on-slavery

...because he's such a clown...