Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Unless Romney is running against Obama, who for reasons that escape me, they seem to regard as being more evil than Manson.

To me, Obama is at worst, a lame president with weak leadership skills. Some people are convinced he is the anti-Christ, ferfuksake.

See what I'm sayin'?

Dave
Quote:
On this day, we gather because we have chosen hope over fear, unity of purpose over conflict and discord. On this day, we come to proclaim an end to the petty grievances and false promises, the recriminations and worn-out dogmas that for far too long have strangled our politics.
...and it went downhill from there. Even without the republicans, Obama did little to fulfill any of the trite platitudes he put forth initially. He's about as partisan and opaque as any recent President. None of that can be attributed to an obstructionist Congress. Remember that day 3 years ago, with all the hope bestowed on a new leader for a new millennium, Yo Yo Ma and Perlman playing, and then its rapid devolution under the strain of actually governing.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:21 AM
Area Man

I'll take trite platitudes and unfulfilled promises over someone who promises me something I'd rather not have---and delivers, any and every day of the week.

Make no mistake;

The Republicans can take their corporatocracy, their smug, arrogant "Sent by the Lord Almighty to Save America" horseshit and their anti-democracy bent and shove it up their lying, propaganda spewing and fearmongering asses. If I do vote for one of those blatantly phoney "Christian Family Values" Republicans, it will be because feel I have been left with no choice. I might have to brush my own vomit off the voting machine in order to read the names. The only thing that pisses me off more than seeing these useless bullshit artists succeed at anything is knowing that the ineptitude of todays Democratic Party lead us here.

A sad state of affairs indeed.

Very sad.

Dave
Old 01-16-2012, 06:53 AM
Resident octogenarian

"The legitimate object of government is to do for people what needs to be done." Lincoln made these comments on what role the government should play on July 1, 1854. Lincoln asked why government exists. "Why not each individual," he said, "take himself the whole fruit of his labor, without having any of it taxed away , , , ?" He answered saying that government should do what people cannot do by individual effort. Lincoln cited many examples of things that people cannot do on their own: making and maintaining roads and bridges, providing for the helpless, providing schools, and disposing of the deceased's property. Other responsibilities of government, Lincoln pointed out, are because of the "injustice of men." These responsibilities include the forming and maintaining of the military, police, and civil departments. Lincoln said the government should protect its citizens and prevent them from committing wrongs. He said it was not the government's place to redress the wrongs of the world, but it "may, and ought to, redress all wrongs which are wrongs to the nation itself."

And he was a Republican to boot. BTW anyone catch Bill Moyers yesterday, really interesting show, glad he is back on the air.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Jigsawed

Newt is pissed because he believes that the nomination should just fall naturally on him. On observing the contrary occuring, he is throwing bombs in every direction.
I guess he is not aware of necessities, such as preparation and organisation.
What a wind bag!
Old 01-16-2012, 05:21 PM

Reminds me of the Obama Hillary love fest. I will say, that if a guy in a Black suburban wearing Black Raybans showed up and said I was going to pick the nest POTUS, it would be Newt, but he's toast unless that happens.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Newt is pissed because he believes that the nomination should just fall naturally on him. On observing the contrary occuring, he is throwing bombs in every direction.
I guess he is not aware of necessities, such as preparation and organisation.
What a wind bag!
Say it isn't so! Arrogance and conceit coming from a right-winger?
Now, that's odd. I've never seen such a thing in all my days...................

Dave