Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Just what are you saying - we were exceptional, but no longer are? If that's the case, Boss Limbaugh will have you excommunicated from the Official Church of the Wingnut.
Fine by me, but they'd best not touch me tin foil hat.

That thair wuld get a feller slapped upside his noggin wit an empty juga 86XX kewlaid!!!

Chas
Old 11-25-2010, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Yep. Same applies to English and French history AFAIK. What is curious is that the same right wing that openly espouses disgust/hatred of our government concurrently says that our form of government is exceptional. Which one is it?
Our current politicians, both parties and for quite some time, have trampled the US Constitution.

Forget party labels.

What we need to get back to is the intent of the Constitution as that is what is truly makes this country exceptional beyond any framework conceived prior.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossbacked View Post
Our current politicians, both parties and for quite some time, have trampled the US Constitution.

Forget party labels.

What we need to get back to is the intent of the Constitution as that is what is truly makes this country exceptional beyond any framework conceived prior.
Fresh blood!!!

Mossy, old buddy, I kin already tell I like ya.

But ya need to pull on yer fireproof skivvies, cause it's gonna get hot!!!

Chas
Old 11-25-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Fresh blood!!!

Mossy, old buddy, I kin already tell I like ya.

But ya need to pull on yer fireproof skivvies, cause it's gonna get hot!!!

Chas
Thanks Chas.

Yep, but a little heat is worth it if just 1 person realizes that if we don't play by those rules, we're going to regret that our we've become an "also ran" on the world scene.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:02 PM
Area Man

"Our current politicians, both parties and for quite some time, have trampled the US Constitution."

True, and they will continue to do so. Even the ones you vote for, will, at some point, find the Constitution "inconvenient". I would just about gaurantee it.

"Forget party labels."

Sounds good to me. Since most of them aren't what they claim to be anyhow.

"What we need to get back to is the intent of the Constitution as that is what is truly makes this country exceptional beyond any framework conceived prior."

Which, in your opinion is---------------?

Dave
Old 11-25-2010, 11:04 PM
Area Man

"Our current politicians, both parties and for quite some time, have trampled the US Constitution."

True, and they will continue to do so. Even the ones you vote for, will, at some point, find the Constitution "inconvenient". I would just about gaurantee it.

"Forget party labels."

"What we need to get back to is the intent of the Constitution as that is what is truly makes this country exceptional beyond any framework conceived prior."

Which, in your opinion is............?

Dave
Old 11-26-2010, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post

"Forget party labels."

Which, in your opinion is............?

Dave
. . . limited government, and certainly more local in nature when it has to exist.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:22 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:

Forget party labels.

Upon whose interpretation of the Constitution are you relying? Specifically what acts do you identify as being unconstitutional? A broad statement like that is pretty meaningless without some specific examples of constitutional violations.

Regards,

D-ray
Old 11-26-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Upon whose interpretation of the Constitution are you relying? Specifically what acts do you identify as being unconstitutional? A broad statement like that is pretty meaningless without some specific examples of constitutional violations.

Regards,

D-ray
Let's just consider the 2000+ pages of the "Affordable Care Act" good ole stitch lip signed into law on March 23rd.

There are probably tens of thousands of problems within those pages, but lets just consider you will go to jail if you don't buy it.

. . . Oh, wait, jail probably won't really happen. I think the bill calls for something like 20 bazillion new IRS Agents, so they really probably don't want jail time, just to sieze assets.

I personally sell a product that you would be better off for buying. Why can't I send you to jail if you don't buy one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossbacked
intent of the Constitution . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
. . . Which is?
To protect me from "The Government" by keeping me out of jail if I don't buy health insurance.

Oh, wait, I forgot the bill provides for the hiring of 20 bazillion new IRS Agents. Maybe they don't really want people to serve jail time when they can just sieze assets. Yep, that sounds Constitutional.

Last edited by mossbacked; 11-26-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:16 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Which is?