Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:33 AM
Area Man

PPACA and the Catholic temper tantrum.

Looks like they'll be getting an exemption.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2012...ps?sc=fb&cc=fp

Which I see as compromise and pragmatism. I'm sure some of us here are still horribly offended, for whatever reason.

Personally, I see churches as nothing more than a business selling a service and think they should have to pay taxes and abide by the same laws the rest of us do, regardless of their beliefs. But, that's me, I'm a dick that way.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 02-11-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:44 AM
Resident octogenarian

I agree, if they wish to stick their noses into the running of the country then pay taxes like the rest of us. The hypocrisy of the whole deal is that they cover ************************ with no copay. One of these days women may achieve equality but I suspect it won't happen in my lifetime.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:46 AM

Nice to see that people who have sworn off from having sex are deciding if others are allowed to get contraceptives or not.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:09 AM
Jigsawed

The Obamaites did not see this coming?
Old 02-11-2012, 08:33 AM

Seems like the Catlickers went 55-45 in favor of Obama in the last election. Now is not the time to piss them off.

Chas
Old 02-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Abby Normal

I just cannot belive all the attention and time devoted to all types of social issues. Gay this, contraception that, God here, abortion there, good grief what is with these people?
Old 02-11-2012, 08:59 AM

What a pile of cr@?!

Anyone ever here of free will, something that most religious and specifically the Catholics preach. Just because the law says they must offer it, doesn't mean the people have to get or use it.

They have all the latitude in the world to teach this too. They can tell their followers that we must by law offer this, but we do not approve of it, nor is it okay to use this. You will still be comitting a sin if you take this.

I guess they really don't believe all that they preach.

I am like Thomas Jefferson in his beliefs of church and state. He would go to great lengths to attend a prayer meeting, as long as there were no preachers, pastors, etc present. If they were, he would refuse to participate. He had disdain for the organized religious leaders.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
The Obamaites did not see this coming?
Oh, I think they did.

And what we've discovered is that 98% of Catholic women use some form of contraception.

The problem is that 48% of Catholics are hypocrites related to policy.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:14 AM

The wife and I are Catholic and tell you the church is out of touch with most members still. All the GOP has accomplished by jumping on this is to point out how they want to dictate their agenda on everyone. For the first time I have heard friends on the right say a single payer healthcare system is needed.

Women freely take birth control now and do not want to be told by anyone what to do. I for one do not want to go back to a time when women did not have access to BC pills. The young guys don't know how different it was back then!

Barney
Old 02-11-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
The wife and I are Catholic and tell you the church is out of touch with most members still. All the GOP has accomplished by jumping on this is to point out how they want to dictate their agenda on everyone. For the first time I have heard friends on the right say a single payer healthcare system is needed.

Women freely take birth control now and do not want to be told by anyone what to do. I for one do not want to go back to a time when women did not have access to BC pills. The young guys don't know how different it was back then!

Barney
How did the old joke go?
A marriage proposal from the 60's was
"You're what?!?!?!?"