Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereocuuple View Post
i assure you that i dont blame him for this. i am however very angry as to the level of his response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
I believe the whitehouse put out a statement saying they were "deeply disapointed" with the release. Different countries have different ideas of justice I guess. I hope he suffers some before he meets his maker to explain.
he cant suffer enough
Old 08-21-2009, 03:32 AM

Thumbs up Ain't necessarily so.

There are several reasons why he should have been released. First off was lack of proof that he did it. The only witness to him possibly buying something that was likely part of the bomb initially said it wasn't him, then after further questioning changed his story and said it was. Both the U.K. and U.S. authorities were under intense pressure to find someone, anyone, who could be linked to the bombing and this guy fitted the picture. Remember, when this happened the U.S. was at the same stage with Libiya as it is now with North Koria; I wonder why the 'witness' changed his story. Plus, would this proof (or lack of it) have brought the guy to trial in either the U.K. or the U.S. for any other case, let alone secured a guilty verdict?

You want more? There was a break-in at the Pan-Am luggage depot some 12 hours before the flight took off; this was kept real quiet about and was only made public 12 years later. OK, break-ins were not that uncommon at Heath Row; that's why it's nicknamed Thief Row but it's a hell of a coincidence. Despite possibly one of the most thorough searches of all time no evidence was found, no traces of explosives on himself, his clothes or anywhere else.

Non of the above proves his inocence, but it sure as hell doesn't prove his guilt and in both the U.K. and the U.S. if the prosecution cannot prove guilt, the accused walks free.

Final nail in the coffin of this whole badly handled mess was the U.S. government publicly telling the U.K. government what to do. After that, how the hell could we have done anything other than let the man go without making it look like we're ruled from Washington, not Westminster? Maybe we are, but for fucks sake don't shout it from the rooftops.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:05 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:

as our leader the president should have made a strong international statement
condeming his release. .
This was done.

I would suggest that blind hate is not productive for the individual or the country.

That being said,
I saw a guy jay walk by our school yesterday and Omama has not spoken to this yet. I am outraged!
Old 08-21-2009, 07:07 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combwork View Post
There are several reasons why he should have been released. First off was lack of proof that he did it. The only witness to him possibly buying something that was likely part of the bomb initially said it wasn't him, then after further questioning changed his story and said it was. Both the U.K. and U.S. authorities were under intense pressure to find someone, anyone, who could be linked to the bombing and this guy fitted the picture. Remember, when this happened the U.S. was at the same stage with Libiya as it is now with North Koria; I wonder why the 'witness' changed his story. Plus, would this proof (or lack of it) have brought the guy to trial in either the U.K. or the U.S. for any other case, let alone secured a guilty verdict?

You want more? There was a break-in at the Pan-Am luggage depot some 12 hours before the flight took off; this was kept real quiet about and was only made public 12 years later. OK, break-ins were not that uncommon at Heath Row; that's why it's nicknamed Thief Row but it's a hell of a coincidence. Despite possibly one of the most thorough searches of all time no evidence was found, no traces of explosives on himself, his clothes or anywhere else.

Non of the above proves his inocence, but it sure as hell doesn't prove his guilt and in both the U.K. and the U.S. if the prosecution cannot prove guilt, the accused walks free.

Final nail in the coffin of this whole badly handled mess was the U.S. government publicly telling the U.K. government what to do. After that, how the hell could we have done anything other than let the man go without making it look like we're ruled from Washington, not Westminster? Maybe we are, but for fucks sake don't shout it from the rooftops.
Good post, lots of info I did not know.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
i assure you that i dont blame him for this. i am however very angry as to the level of his response.
So what would be a better response?
An invasion of Scotland before he is released?
Maybe some cruise missiles dropped on the prison?

The US government has no right to do anything more than what they did: issue a statement disagreeing with the action.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:01 PM

That being said,
I saw a guy jay walk by our school yesterday and Omama has not spoken to this yet. I am outraged! [/QUOTE]

this comment is childish and beneath you.

as for the rest not one word about the many many lost lives.
i am very sad for all of you. a worthless lawyer can spin anything to make even th worst scumbags seem inocent. hell we let 2 atempted presidental assasins free here. america in not going to survive if we dont return to our orginla values and defend them dont worry i dont expect any of you to defend this nation
Old 08-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:

Quote:
this comment is childish and beneath you.
nah, not really

It might be that your statement sounded as silly hence my matching response.

Quote:
as for the rest not one word about the many many lost lives.
i am very sad for all of you. a worthless lawyer can spin anything to make even th worst scumbags seem inocent. hell we let 2 atempted presidental assasins free here. america in not going to survive if we dont return to our orginla values and defend them dont worry i dont expect any of you to defend this nation
America will not survive if we conduct ourselves as if it is still 1776.

Why do you feel that none of us would defend this nation?

Don't answer I know the answer, we are not "real Americans."
Only Dolts clamoring to live in the past are.

Check this, we are real Americans, more so than you. We (progressives) have brought this country into the 21st century in spite of you. We have created a heightened level of living in spite of you. We have put programs in place to protect the old, protect you in the work place, protect our children, protect our food......... in spite of you.

Run that uneducated, self absorbed Palin attitude of yours at the local bar because it does not cut it once you leave your little world.

The nerve of you to continually suggest that your blood is more red than ours.
It's not my friend, it is your faulty vision that makes it seem so to you.

You are more upset with terror than we are. The gall.
Where were you on 911 when I was running to grab my kid from school and flee the area? How many friends did you have that jumped from the 108th floor? How many funerals did you attend in your little town for the folks that died? How many of your friends are now suffering from inhaling that stench in the rescue attempt?

I suggest you reevaluate your opinion of your fellow Americans and bravely walk forward with us.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:09 PM

this thread was about the injustice done to the families of the victumes and indeed to the whole world. i will not be draged into a debate about my patriotisim here and dishonor thier memory further.

dont mistake this for my acceptance of your rant. i will not be talked to this way by you . I AM NOT PAINTER!
Old 08-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Abby Normal

you can dish it out but when it comes back you jump up on your high horse?

no surprise.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
you can dish it out but when it comes back you jump up on your high horse?

no surprise.
just as i thought