Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:43 PM

Forum Cabinet

If you were President and had to form a Cabinet, which members of this forum would you choose for which posts?

Heres mine:

President: Brother Karl.

Vice President: BlueStreak - A great personality; he would be an electoral asset.

Secretary of State: Fast_Eddie - I felt like I needed him in my cabinet. I'm not too sure about his overall stance on things and I'm pretty sure he doesnt have one. From what I have seen of him, he seems quite a lot like me and, even if he isnt, he is probably the most open to persuasion on this forum. Anyway, as head of foreign affairs, he is kept at a distance and wont be able to meddle with home affairs.

Secretary of the Treasury: noonereal - I wanted someone left wing and the following quote clinched the deal:
"Why do right wing Americans revere corporate America? History shows they are worse than a dictator when government does not reign them in. Even when government does they pull stunts like these."

Secretary of Defense: finnbow - His aims and methods would closely mirror mine, I feel.

Attorney General: d-ray657 - I think of him as a fair, thoughtful and kind person.

Secretary of the Interior: piece-itpete - an anti-federalist, pro-gun guy with overall libertarian leanings. Will be a good counterweight to noonereal.

Last edited by Brother_Karl; 01-27-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:48 PM

I'm honored! I think.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:57 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Me as benevolent dictator. The rest of you can pound sand (and arrange for my concubines).
Old 01-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Lol.

Cool. Excellent. Thanks. Where's the head of the MMS? I'd enjoy firing those croneys.

We'd all do fine if we didn't talk politics

Pete
Old 01-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Actually if I were Brother Karl's Secretary of Defense, I'd stage a coup and install Rob (Merrylander) or Pukka Sahib. It's seems when the almighty was passing out brains, he gave them both a Big Gulp.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:14 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Lol.

Cool. Excellent. Thanks. Where's the head of the MMS? I'd enjoy firing those croneys.

We'd all do fine if we didn't talk politics

Pete
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Thanks for the kind words, Karl, but remember the duty of those in my profession is to present a reality that is most favorable to our clients', and therefore our own interests. In other words, I've got you snowed.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 01-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
I just desire to be head of the DOI and, hence, the BIA: where I'd -- immediately -- set myself up as Chief of a newly recognized tribe with a reservation in a place currently known as "lower Manhattan."

All current private and business enterprises may remain, for a nominal fee of course...
Old 01-27-2011, 05:41 PM
Loyal Opposition

It is an interesting thread Brother Karl. I hesitate to make my list, because I will in all likelihood leave out someone deserving of mention. In any event, as long as we are using out imaginations, D-Ray will make that power grab for the top spot.

Chief of Staff – Finnebow. A practical, non-ideologue who will not suffer fools. His down to earth management of the administration will allow me to be dreamer in chief.

Political advisor – Merrylander – one needs wisdom and perspective close at hand.

Press Secretary/Director of Communications –I would choose Charles because of his ability to disarm tough questioners, and to respond in a thought provoking manner. Hell, he'd have 'em spending half of the time scratching their heads, and the rest of it laughing.

For VP – Whell. He would demonstrate my ability to engage in bi-partisanship for electoral purposes, as well as disarming the energy of the right. After the election, I will be able to hide him in an irrelevant job.

Sec’y of State – I’ll go with Brother Karl, his having demonstrated a grasp of international affairs greater than mine, and an ability to get along with people all along the political spectrum.

Sec’y of Treasury – I’ll stick with Noone, there. His disdain for corporate America is close to my own.

Atty Gen – Pukka Sahib. He shows legal training more than likely, but in any event, a solid grasp of Constitutional law.

Sec’y of the Interior – once again reaching across party lines – JJIII – someone who shows a concern for the resources we have been given. He’ll also help keep the gun lobby pacified.

Sec’y of Defense –Blue Streak. Always want someone in this position who will not be pushed around. Also much better to have someone who has been there making military decisions. Keep the chicken-hawks out of this position.

Sec’y of Education – Fast Eddie – It will be great to have someone who is passionate in this position.

Head of the BIA – Zeke - Again, always good to put someone in charge who is passionate about the interests of his constituency.

Although Speaker of the House is not a position selected by the Executive, since this is fantasy anyway, I would want someone like Piece-it-Pete as the head of the loyal opposition. We would be able to agree disagreeably. Maybe even flip-flop the Reagan/O’Neill relationship – with plenty of good humor.

I wish we could get Sandy back. I would want him as my official biographer.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 01-27-2011, 06:20 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

And who would play the role of Monica Lewinsky?
Old 01-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

Oh hell no! This thread needs to be locked NOW!