Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-19-2022, 08:47 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Wow! What a lamentation!
Trumps non concession and the 4 years attempt to prove his presidency illegitimate have an overall corrosive effect on the system.
Yes, an attempted overturning of the presidential succession by means of a coup, which you mildly term a "non-concession," does have a corrosive effect on the system. As does the Washington/media establishment's tolerance for four years of an administration they knew was criminal.
Old 09-19-2022, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Wow! What a lamentation!
Trumps non concession and the 4 years attempt to prove his presidency illegitimate have an overall corrosive effect on the system.
Trump broke every etiquette of governance by a POTUS.

1. Asked Russia to meddle in our elections (find the 30,000 emails!)
2. Refused to disclose his tax returns
3. Appointed his close family members who were not even remotely experienced, who then enriched themselves by illegal lobbying ($2B to Jared K)
4. Appointed Bill Barr as AG to ward off legitimate investigations
5. Two well deserved impeachments only exonerated due to McConnell's obfuscation and demagoguery
6. Packing the SCOTUS
7. Unwilling to concede the election and the J6 insurrection

That in a nutshell is the Trump presidency and was not only illegitimate but downright criminal like his U and charity.

Ukraine is now kicking Russia's butt, wonder if they would have survived if Trump had won reelection, which due to the pandemic was his to lose and he lost.
Old 09-19-2022, 11:20 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Trump broke every etiquette of governance by a POTUS.

1. Asked Russia to meddle in our elections (find the 30,000 emails!)
2. Refused to disclose his tax returns
3. Appointed his close family members who were not even remotely experienced, who then enriched themselves by illegal lobbying ($2B to Jared K)
4. Appointed Bill Barr as AG to ward off legitimate investigations
5. Two well deserved impeachments only exonerated due to McConnell's obfuscation and demagoguery
6. Packing the SCOTUS
7. Unwilling to concede the election and the J6 insurrection

That in a nutshell is the Trump presidency and was not only illegitimate but downright criminal like his U and charity.

Ukraine is now kicking Russia's butt, wonder if they would have survived if Trump had won reelection, which due to the pandemic was his to lose and he lost.
That's not all or even the worst of it. We can also number:
8. Violating the emoluments clause
9. Obstruction of justice as documented by Mueller.
10. Abusing the pardon power, to include soliciting bribes for pardons
11. Conspiracy to illegally influence the 2016 election (soliciting Russian 'help' with 30,000 emails just the brazen tip of the iceberg)
12. The crime against humanity of purposefully separating migrant children from their parents, with no provision for reunification.

Trump has been a criminal enterprise always, and he established a criminal presidency in the White House.
Old 09-19-2022, 12:38 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Trump's Ohio rally was unhinged, but he also delivered a clear message: He fully expects a GOP Congress to shut down any/all investigations into him. The bargain with the GOP is this: I give you my base, you place me above the law.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...lago-jd-vance/
Old 09-19-2022, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Trump's Ohio rally was unhinged, but he also delivered a clear message: He fully expects a GOP Congress to shut down any/all investigations into him. The bargain with the GOP is this: I give you my base, you place me above the law.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...lago-jd-vance/
The Democrats, Independents and non-MAGA republicans will once again have to join forces at the voting booth to at least make it harder for the MAGA extremists from corrupting our democracy.
The Democrat campaign message ought to be the Republican party is out to dismantle our democracy. If we let them take control of the House and the Senate they will put trump in the WH again.
Old 09-19-2022, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
That's not all or even the worst of it. We can also number:
8. Violating the emoluments clause
9. Obstruction of justice as documented by Mueller.
10. Abusing the pardon power, to include soliciting bribes for pardons
11. Conspiracy to illegally influence the 2016 election (soliciting Russian 'help' with 30,000 emails just the brazen tip of the iceberg)
12. The crime against humanity of purposefully separating migrant children from their parents, with no provision for reunification.

Trump has been a criminal enterprise always, and he established a criminal presidency in the White House.
Forty percent of the people still love the guy.

It's like the movie Natural Born Killers. People were cheering for Mickey and Mallory Knox.

'If I was criminal, I would want to be just like Donald Trump'.
Old 09-19-2022, 04:03 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post
Forty percent of the people still love the guy.

It's like the movie Natural Born Killers. People were cheering for Mickey and Mallory Knox.

'If I was criminal, I would want to be just like Donald Trump'.
Once you're committed to following the big leader, you turn off the critical thinking capability. That's one of the services he provides, you don't have to do any of that hard thinking. So you uncritically buy every defense and excuse, and feel free to just admire the powerful way he does whatever he wants.
Old 09-19-2022, 05:28 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Authorities in Texas have opened a criminal investigation into Gov. Ron DeSantis’ operation to fly roughly 50 Venezuela migrants from Texas to Martha’s Vineyard last week.

Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar said in a news release Monday that his office is investigating whether the migrants were the victims of a crime.

“The Bexar County Sheriff’s Office has opened an investigation into the migrants that were lured from the Migrant Resource Center, located in Bexar County, TX, and flown to Florida, where they were ultimately left to fend for themselves in Martha’s Vineyard, MA,” said Salazar, referring to an aid center for migrants in San Antonio, which is in Bexar County.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...266044016.html
Old 09-19-2022, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Once you're committed to following the big leader, you turn off the critical thinking capability. That's one of the services he provides, you don't have to do any of that hard thinking. So you uncritically buy every defense and excuse, and feel free to just admire the powerful way he does whatever he wants.
They know not what they do and there is nothing we can do.
Old 09-20-2022, 07:32 AM

Herschel Walker, I am dumber than you think. In fact I am not even sure if I have any children.

Quote:
Speaking to reporters on Friday, Walker was asked what kind of preparation he was doing for the debate.

“Talking to the voters, talking to you. You told me I gotta prepare, so I’m preparin’,” he said to the reporters. “I’m this country boy, you know, I’m not that smart. And he’s that preacher. He’s a smart man, wears these nice suits. So he going to show up there, embarrass me at the debate, October the 14th. And I’m just waiting, you know, I’ll show up and I’m [going to] do my best.”
Of course, his campaign is now saying this is sarcasm, but doesn't sound like it and he is lowering expectations.

For some football humor.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ot-that-smart/