Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-19-2018, 09:18 AM

Speaking of Fake News and how it is usually originated, here is one.

Fake news says Michelle Obama blamed Donald Trump for Florida shooting

Quote:
Facebook users flagged a suspicious post on a site called American President Donald J. Trump.
That sure sounds like a Progressive site.
This news item snowballed thanks to sites such as:
Quote:
An identical article showed up on three websites — Usdeplorablesnews.com, DailynewsforAmericans.com and Uberconservative.com.

None should be trusted.
In the aftermath of the Florida shooting, Michelle Obama retweeted the comments made by her husband, Barack Obama. He wrote:

"We are grieving with Parkland. But we are not powerless. Caring for our kids is our first job. And until we can honestly say that we're doing enough to keep them safe from harm, including long overdue, common-sense gun safety laws that most Americans want, then we have to change."

Websites claimed that Michelle Obama blamed Trump for the shooting in Florida. But she never said that. We rate this claim Pants on Fire.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...donald-trump-/

We must all admire the Fake POTUS for sacrificing golf this weekend, a class act as he always is. But not the Tweets of course.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Way ahead of you, Whell, as always. Read that article yesterday, in a balanced way. Didn’t cherry pick a paragraph and draw conclusions from it, which is what you always do. Learn to actually read, dude!
I always do, which is why I stay open to other possibilities rather than lap up the pablum of what passes for news in some publications. In fact, I'm rather surprised that particular item ran in WaPo.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:04 AM

As usual, The Guardian to our rescue. If this keeps up, I will need to become a subscriber to help keep up their good work.

Fake news sharing in US is a rightwing thing, says study

Quote:
University of Oxford project finds Trump supporters consume largest volume of ‘junk news’ on Facebook and Twitter
I would rather moon for that bunch than honk. (sorry the image does not post ).

Quote:
Low-quality, extremist, sensationalist and conspiratorial news published in the US was overwhelmingly consumed and shared by rightwing social network users, according to a new study from the University of Oxford.
Quote:
“On Twitter, a network of Trump supporters consumes the largest volume of junk news, and junk news is the largest proportion of news links they share,” the researchers concluded. On Facebook, the skew was even greater. There, “extreme hard right pages – distinct from Republican pages – share more junk news than all the other audiences put together.”
No wonder Facebook is claiming that they did not play a part in gaming the 2016 elections and help elect a Fake POTUS.

I have always claimed that Facebook is dangerous to our society.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:51 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
I'm sure Whell will dispute this. To him, the WashPost and NYTimes are fake news and InfoWars and Breitbart are highbrow journalism.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:43 PM

Why Are Conservatives More Susceptible to Believing Lies?

http://www.slate.com/articles/health...g_in_lies.html

This may help explain why Whell is such a dullard. He simply can’t help it.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:45 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Why Are Conservatives More Susceptible to Believing Lies?

http://www.slate.com/articles/health...g_in_lies.html

This may help explain why Whell is such a dullard. He simply can’t help it.
“Misinformation is currently predominantly a pathology of the right,” concluded a team of scholars from the Harvard Kennedy School and Northeastern University at a February 2017 conference...

Part of the problem is widespread suspicion of facts—any facts. Both mistrust of scientists and other “experts” and mistrust of the mass media that reports what scientists and experts believe have increased among conservatives (but not among liberals) since the early ’80s. The mistrust has in part, at least, been deliberately inculcated...

Finding facts and pursuing evidence and trusting science is part of liberal ideology itself. For many conservatives, faith and intuition and trust in revealed truth (revealing or disclosing of some form of truth or knowledge through communication with a deity or other supernatural entity or entities) appear as equally valid sources of truth...

The tenacity of many of the right’s beliefs in the face of evidence, rational arguments, and common sense suggest that these beliefs are not merely alternate interpretations of facts but are instead illusions rooted in unconscious wishes.

Ya think?

Last edited by finnbow; 02-19-2018 at 02:00 PM.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:54 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

And then there's this:

STUDY: Watching Only Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All

http://www.businessinsider.com/study...-at-all-2012-5

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2.../#176f931412ab
Old 02-19-2018, 02:03 PM
Admin

Article in Scientific American - https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-to-fake-news/
Old 02-19-2018, 02:11 PM

Journalistic integrity followed by all well respected media is a bad word to the wingnuts and I really wonder why. I can understand why some people may be put off by the hype, but facts are always open for verification.

I have this one question to the birthers; if Mr. Obama’s birth certificate was indeed a forgery and he rose to become POTUS for two terms, wouldn’t all illegal immigrants be citizens by now by forging their birth certificates. Trust me, to become a citizen is not that easy nor can any documents be forged.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:53 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Fox News is preparing to launch an online-only streaming service for “superfans”, The New York Times reported on Monday.

The stand-alone subscription service, dubbed “Fox Nation,” will focus on right-leaning commentary and feature hours of original daily programming, including new anchors, fresh commentators and original shows. The digital product will also have some cameos from current Fox New stars including Sean Hannity, according to the Times.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/37...-for-superfans

We should pitch in and get a subscription for Whell. He can keep up with the latest conspiracy theories and semi-literate talking points.