Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:33 AM

A confident, mature-in mind, anyway-woman never has to raise her voice & bleat 'n' blather about her accomplishments-They will speak for themselves. You & I just happen to be EXTREMELY lucky that we're married to such women..."Feminazis" remind me a lot of "Nuveau Riche'" types-they know the price of EVERYTHING, but the value of NOTHING.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:02 AM

Kinda shot yerself in the foot Sandy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Good rejoinder, Rob...I have found that women's libber types tend to be the most strident, tiresome & morose of all...Followed closely by the Green Weenies...Plus, they get SO unbelievably, froth-at-the-mouth, eye-popping MAD when you "zing" 'em like that...Which is all the more reason to do it...

I kinda fall somewhere in between your remark Sandy. I am woman! But don't roar LMAO.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:32 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post
I kinda fall somewhere in between your remark Sandy. I am woman! But don't roar LMAO.
Purr maybe?
Old 06-29-2009, 11:35 AM

Guess I shoulda said SOME "women's libber types, etc"...My bad for paintin' w/too broad a brush...And I never got over bein' a Naughty Little Boy who Pokes Sticks at Wasper Nests...Yeah, some times you're gonna get stung-Part of it...But NO offence was meant or implied...If you all could ever see me spewin' out these diatribes, you'd see a twinkle in my eye, & a grin on my face, & a "Wink, wink, Nudge, nudge" intent in my heart...
Old 06-29-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Guess I shoulda said SOME "women's libber types, etc"...My bad for paintin' w/too broad a brush...And I never got over bein' a Naughty Little Boy who Pokes Sticks at Wasper Nests...Yeah, some times you're gonna get stung-Part of it...But NO offence was meant or implied...If you all could ever see me spewin' out these diatribes, you'd see a twinkle in my eye, & a grin on my face, & a "Wink, wink, Nudge, nudge" intent in my heart...
No offense taken. Your sense of humor offsets any mistaken remarks.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:53 PM

Yeah, my Snarky Sense of Humor generally requires that you have an IQ greater than that of a Toaster or other Household Appliance to really "Get it" -But I don't think we have that problem, as I think that we're all pretty much Smarter Than the Average Bear here. Oh, and by the bye, y'all DO know Michael Jackson-a rather obscure, somewhat washed-up popular music singer of questionable morals- died last week. Just thought I'd let y'all know, as a Public Service 'n' all....Just in case you hadn't heard, & nobody had told you...
Old 06-29-2009, 03:13 PM
Resident octogenarian

No! I hadn't heard.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:30 PM

I DO feel sorry for his kids-If they somehow manage to grow up & be anything close to normal, & not denizens of some expensive Farm De Funne', it'll be a miracle...
Old 06-29-2009, 06:42 PM

The kids

Quote:
I DO feel sorry for his kids-If they somehow manage to grow up & be anything close to normal, & not denizens of some expensive Farm De Funne', it'll be a miracle...
Should his kids turn out anywhere close to normal, it will stand as a testament to THEIR character, and no one else. IMHO, they have the deck stacked against them.

And let's not forget the old saying, "The nut doesn't fall too far from the tree."

Chas
Old 06-29-2009, 07:36 PM

Despite all else, I always kinda felt a LITTLE bit sad for MJ-I got the feeling the guy had NO real friends, nobody he could just "pal" around with, & be himself. He had no childhood, he'd been in the public eye virtually all his life. Y'all KNOW that I'm crazier than a Shithouse Rat, but at least I know it...But I've always had good parents & good friends who have kept me at least somewhat grounded in reality...MJ apparently had neither. I'm NOT trying to excuse anything he did, you understand, just maybe offer an explanation, in as much as there CAN be for the trainwreck he became..