Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-18-2016, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
I actually agree if the choice is Trump vs. Cruz.

Continuing the analogy, I pick Hillary as the driver over Trump. She's far from the best possible driver for the truck-of-state, to be sure. She'd drive it too much like a car, wreaking some havoc by scraping things with the trailer on turns. And a lot of the goods supposedly in the van will have been misdelivered at the end of some runs. Still, I don't see her totally plowing into traffic with it, or yanking the wheel and jackknifing. That's what Trump will do.
*sigh*
Old 03-18-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltiedave View Post
If you are in charge of the Navy, and you have an XO that is a prospective CO of a submarine, you would not promote him if he has done all the shit Trump has said. Trump has not behaved like a reasoned adult - that is all there is to it.

There was all kinds of shit tossed about when we had the Brown situation here in Ferguson, and some folks were hell bent to railroad Brown's stepfather for saying a couple of incendiary remarks.

Now Trump says virtually the same things, promises to pay legal bills, yearns for the days when people who disagreed were carted out on stretchers, and many of the same people feel this qualifies him to be President of our country?

Man, that sure is a strange shaped and sized shoe to make that convulated logic allow your foot to fit in it, but it fits. Bad riotous talk from a grieving poor black person = arrest and jail them, but bad riotous talk from a rich white person = support and elect him President.

Interesting.

Just one of the wrong things that this country is today.

The biggest wrong thing is that the people cannot recruit and elect a competent leader that will work for the people, shore up safety net programs that protect the working class from the excesses of our capitalist system, tackle discrimination and race based fear mongering, shore up and make available to everyone upper education which will benefit society as a whole, and will take on the corporate medical behemoth that is sucking americans dry. AND...put some fairness in the tax system for the little guys. This business of taxing capital gains at less than what a working man is taxed is BULLSHIT.

We have that in Sanders but all the people want to do is throw their hands up in despair and echo the media chamber that he's "unelectable".

As long as this country remains in the grip of the democrat and republican "ruling class" we're fucked. Yes, Mr. Pots is angry.

Last edited by MrPots; 03-18-2016 at 11:15 AM.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
The lesser of two evils is still evil.
Indeed, don't forget about Trump tax cuts, as Republican as it gets. Bush Tax Cuts V2, tax cuts that favor the rich paid for by mortgaging our children's future. Sweet deal for the 1%ers.
Quote:
By Kelsey Snell December 22, 2015
Donald Trump says he wants to cut taxes for every income level, but that plan could cost the federal government $9.5 trillion over 10 years and send the national debt through the roof.

-------------------------------

The analysis was based on a tax proposal released by the Republican presidential candidate’s campaign earlier this year. His plan would cut the top rate for individuals from 39.6 percent to 25 percent, set a top business tax rate of 15 percent and eliminate the estate tax. Trump has said he would offset the cost of the tax cuts by eliminating most deductions for individuals and businesses and imposing a one-time tax on corporate assets held abroad. But the center included these changes in its calculations and still found Trump’s proposal would cost $9.5 trillion.

Analysts at the Tax Policy Center, a partnership between the Urban Institute and Brookings Institution, agreed that lower rates would encourage savings and investment but they found that cutting federal revenue by $9.5 trillion would force the government to borrow trillions of dollars to operate. When you include the cost of servicing that debt, the center said Trump’s plan would cost $11 trillion over 10 years.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...umps-tax-plan/

Carl
Old 03-18-2016, 11:30 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post

We have that in Sanders but all the people want to do is throw their hands up in despair and echo the media chamber that he's "unelectable".

As long as this country remains in the grip of the democrat and republican "ruling class" we're fucked. Yes, Mr. Pots is angry.
Up until this election I thought all we had to do was vote the Republicans out and things would right themselves. Not that the Democrats were perfect, but I thought they were still salvageable. But after seeing how they rejected Bernie, who really isn't proposing all that radical an agenda IMO, and the way that Clinton is being forced on us, I'm disgusted with both parties.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:44 AM
Persona non grata

As for Trump, he is saying some of the right things IMO.

One of the things he said I really liked was that George W. Bush lied us int the Iraq War and that he knew there were no weapons of mass destruction. Anyone who is running for President, especially as a Republican, that has the balls to come out and say that is a man after my own heart.

Another area where I agree with him 100% is on trade. Our trade policies were put in place by our corrupt politicians at the behest of the ruling class so that they could make a whole shitload of money by screwing the American working class and exploiting the Hell out of vulnerable third world workers.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Donald Trump says he wants to cut taxes for every income level, but that plan could cost the federal government $9.5 trillion over 10 years and send the national debt through the roof.
So? We just declare bankruptcy.

Just like Trump always does.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post

One of the things he said I really liked was that George W. Bush lied us int the Iraq War and that he knew there were no weapons of mass destruction. Anyone who is running for President, especially as a Republican, that has the balls to come out and say that is a man after my own heart.

Another area where I agree with him 100% is on trade. Our trade policies were put in place by our corrupt politicians at the behest of the ruling class so that they could make a by screwing the American working class and exploiting the Hell out of vulnerable third world workers.
Much better to have trade "deals" negotiated by a corrupt businessman, I suppose. No way he'd want to make a "whole shitload of money" on those, right?

All Trump is doing is channeling popular anger. He points to problems we all know about and are mostly upset about like "Bush lied" about Iraq but does he say he would never get us into an unnecessary war? Fuck no! He wants to "bomb the shit out of" people and steal their oil. He wants torture people "worse than waterboarding" to terrorists and then he's going to wipe out their entire entire families.

And, just with respect to lying, we can start with Arabs dancing on rooftops as the Twin Towers fell. That was bad enough but do you remember when Trump was Birther In Chief? Do you remember his solemn promise that his "investigators" in Hawaii had found the goods on Obama and that he was going to release the proof "very soon"?

And where are his plans to address the problems he identifies? Well, there's his tax plan. Brilliant! Shit, TJ, even you don't like that one.

But there must be other plans, right? What about replacing Obamacare with "something better"? Where's that plan? Where, really, are any plans?

Trump us just a charlatan fleecing the rubes, rube.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Up until this election I thought all we had to do was vote the Republicans out and things would right themselves. Not that the Democrats were perfect, but I thought they were still salvageable. But after seeing how they rejected Bernie, who really isn't proposing all that radical an agenda IMO, and the way that Clinton is being forced on us, I'm disgusted with both parties.
I hear ya.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Much better to have trade "deals" negotiated by a corrupt businessman.
That's how it's always been done. Trump is just another player.
Old 03-18-2016, 01:01 PM

Quote:

Another area where I agree with him 100% is on trade. Our trade policies were put in place by our corrupt politicians at the behest of the ruling class so that they could make a whole shitload of money by screwing the American working class and exploiting the Hell out of vulnerable third world workers.
Forget what he is saying (nothing new) but we should be more worried about what he is not saying. Pointing out existing problems is easy but proposing solutions is the difficult part. Where is Trump on that?

So far all he has really proposed is another round of tax cuts and nothing else.