Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:57 AM
Admin

‘Bullets are aimed at you’ Biden...WaPo

Biden: Republican Young Guns’ ‘bullets are aimed at you’
Posted by Krissah Thompson on October 18, 2012 at 4:38 pm
LAS VEGAS — The race for president has tightened. And perhaps it has become uncomfortably close out west.
In Nevada, President Obama once held a lead as big as 9 points, according to some early polls. Recent polls show a closer race. Wednesday, an automated SurveyUSA poll had Obama leading Romney by three points in the state, 48 to 45. Last week, another survey showed Romney within two points of Obama.

In a three-city swing out West, Joe Biden has turned up the attack on Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan.

“They are not bad men, they are decent men, they are good fathers,” Biden said of his opponents, but their vision for the country is “fundamentally different.”

“Ryan has written a book called ‘The Young Guns‘ with two other fellas, members of the House, Republican leaders in the House … unfortunately the bullets are aimed at you,” Biden said. In addition to the book, there is also a House GOP campaign effort and a super PAC using the “Young Guns” label. “These guys talk — they use phrases — I’ve never heard them before — ’We are a culture of dependency.’ “

He then hit Romney the comment that 47 percent of Americans don’t take personally responsibility. Romney has since said he misspoke, but Biden mentions the remark regularly, saying what a candidate says behind closed doors counts.

In a statement, Romney campaign spokesman Brendan Buck called Biden’s comment about the Young Guns an example of “ugly political attacks beneath the dignity of the office he occupies.”

Biden spokeswoman Amy Dudley responded that the comment “was clearly a reference to how the policies discussed in Paul Ryan’s book, ‘Young Guns,’ would devastate the middle class. Given that people don’t assume that Paul Ryan is literally a gun, it probably makes sense not to assume that Joe Biden was speaking literally about bullets.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-aimed-at-you/

Can Brendan Buck of the Romney campaign get more whiney? Beneath the office? Sheesh. Boo frackin' hoo.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:01 AM
Area Man

Who cares what that whiney little punk thinks?

I say; "Give 'em Hell, Joe!".

Regards,
Dave
Old 10-19-2012, 07:28 AM
Resident octogenarian

Wonder if he would like some cheese to go with that whine?
Old 10-19-2012, 09:24 AM

After using SSI and the social safety net to finance his education Ryan wants to change all that for everyone else.
Biden is correct

Of course Ryan the chicken hawk does not want to aim his bullets at the military industrial complex for any cuts to reduce the deficit. Just do it on the backs of the poor and middle class.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:02 AM

You silly, "guns" and "bullets" are not literal. However, be on the lookout for wascally wabbits wit cross-hairs on their maps. That's an actual death threat right there.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:05 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasillaguy View Post
you silly, "guns" and "bullets" are not literal. However, be on the lookout for wascally wabbits wit cross-hairs on their maps. That's an actual death threat right there.
bam!
Old 10-19-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
You silly, "guns" and "bullets" are not literal. However, be on the lookout for wascally wabbits wit cross-hairs on their maps. That's an actual death threat right there.
Having a college education, thus being barred from Tea Party membership, I fail to see the Bugs Bunny connection. Can someone translate?
Old 10-19-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Having a college education, thus being barred from Tea Party membership, I fail to see the Bugs Bunny connection. Can someone translate?
I've never been a member of anything, but I can explain. Now understand, it's gonna be a bit of a blow to your ego there college boy, to have a backwater Missouri boy explain something so simple and obvious, but you asked for it.

You see, Elmer Fudd thought he was a hunter. He carried a gun around all the time and was constantly shooting at things other than his intended target. He was a bumbling fool with bad eyesight, and he was nearly always wrong in his theories on how best to get the rabbit.
I find his personality to be very similar to liberals when they try to run with ridiculous accusations of no real import to the issues of the day, so I incorporated his persona into my sarcastic statement.

Let me know if you're still lost, maybe I can point you to a couple cartoons.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
I've never been a member of anything, but I can explain. Now understand, it's gonna be a bit of a blow to your ego there college boy, to have a backwater Missouri boy explain something so simple and obvious, but you asked for it.

You see, Elmer Fudd thought he was a hunter. He carried a gun around all the time and was constantly shooting at things other than his intended target. He was a bumbling fool with bad eyesight, and he was nearly always wrong in his theories on how best to get the rabbit.
I find his personality to be very similar to liberals when they try to run with ridiculous accusations of no real import to the issues of the day, so I incorporated his persona into my sarcastic statement.

Let me know if you're still lost, maybe I can point you to a couple cartoons.
Oh so Joe Biden is Elmer Fudd?
Old 10-19-2012, 11:50 AM

Actually Joe Biden is more like Bugs....always has that silly grin