Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Loyal Opposition

Blue, maybe it's just my bad eyesight, or a strange imagination, but it seems like at first glance your avatar strikes me as a whiskey jug from a top view. I know it's a nice TT, but my optics are subject to illusion.

It's better than how I perceived your last avatar. It looked so much like a photo that Merrylander would use, I would think that Rob had gotten kind of cranky until I realized it was you.

Just a little thread crapping. Sorry.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-10-2010, 01:13 PM
Area Man

Careful! The 'table in that photo is my pride and joy. I bought her new in 1983, with what was a months pay back then. She's a Luxman, that I have upgraded with Cardas Litz wire. That cart has expired since the photo was taken, it was a ClearAudio Aurum Beta "S". I have a Benz ACE S HO on order to replace it. "It's on Back order." they tell me.
"On it's way here from the factory in Switzerland.", he says. Three weeks already. It's driving me nuts. And the B&O 4002 needs new belts. I'm running the Revox 795 in the meanwhile. I did score two boxes of 7" reel to reel tapes for fifty bucks today, however. About 60-70 in all.
Right now, I'm listening to Stan Getz, "Pyramid" on the A77. Sweet. I love this hobby. It keeps me on an even keel.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 10-10-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I miss all the fun.

In order to participate in Government you had to fund it, so only taxpayers got to vote. Now everyone pays tax, everyone votes, it's still a whole concept.

We've always had knock down drag out campaigning. This cycle in Ohio at least has been hugely entertaining.

Pete
Old 10-12-2010, 06:55 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I miss all the fun.

In order to participate in Government you had to fund it, so only taxpayers got to vote. Now everyone pays tax, everyone votes, it's still a whole concept.

We've always had knock down drag out campaigning. This cycle in Ohio at least has been hugely entertaining.

Pete
Must be. what with all those former Wall Street types running for the GOP.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:38 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

There's more this cycle, because voters threw out the entire Dem machine system countywide recently.

Of those running for the 'new' county executive, only one didn't run against the reform. And you know, those same smucks'll be reelected.

Oh well.

Pete