Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-10-2022, 03:08 PM
Admin

The US Army vs Peckerwood Militias in N. Carolina

"Guerrilla war exercise to be fought across rural North Carolina counties, Army warns" Charlotte Observer

https://nordot.app/85333095800736972...22757532812385

Hmmm. An unsubtle message?
Old 01-10-2022, 04:54 PM

"Called Robin Sage, the exercise serves as a final test for Special Forces Qualification Course training and it places candidates in a politically unstable country known as Pineland."

Brings back memories of time spent at Duke University in NC eons ago. Hated the surrounding area, because it's full of pine trees - very ominous feeling, claustrophobic driving through the area.
Old 01-10-2022, 05:12 PM

Makes me think of 'Southern Comfort'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j-zKSiezvA

I can see why the timing might be perceived as a message. These training exercises have been going on for decades, though.
Old 01-10-2022, 06:00 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
"Called Robin Sage, the exercise serves as a final test for Special Forces Qualification Course training and it places candidates in a politically unstable country known as Pineland."

Brings back memories of time spent at Duke University in NC eons ago. Hated the surrounding area, because it's full of pine trees - very ominous feeling, claustrophobic driving through the area.
Hmmm. Love natural pine tree landscapes. But recall how the interstates of Mississippi were planted with uniform rows of pine trees all up and down the sides of them. I figure it was to screen off views of sharecropper shacks. That gave me the claustrophobic feeling you describe.
Old 01-11-2022, 12:08 AM

Claustrophobia will drop way down on the list once the banjos start playing.

Last edited by BigElCat; 01-11-2022 at 02:30 AM.
Old 01-11-2022, 08:08 AM

What bothers me is the undercurrent mentality of a portion of the elite combat arms. Will they folliw lawful orders, or will they follow the "patriotic" demagogues when it's show time?
Old 01-11-2022, 09:49 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
What bothers me is the undercurrent mentality of a portion of the elite combat arms. Will they folliw lawful orders, or will they follow the "patriotic" demagogues when it's show time?
Excellent question. It seems some of the military folks are confused as to what they are actually supposed to do. Some will point out that their oath is to follow the orders of the president and chain of command, some will tell you it's to defend the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic. What do you do when it's the president who poses the threat? The domestic enemy IS the POTUS? It is possible that blindly following orders is precisely what we SHOULDN'T do.

I believe the weight should lay more heavily on the latter. Defend the Constitution and the people from a wannabe tyrant over simply following orders from said wannabe tyrant. How else can we defend the nation from Dictatorship?

Think about it.
Old 01-11-2022, 11:25 AM

The best precedent we have is when the BLM protestors approached the White House. Trump called on the military to bolster security and they refused.

We'd have to watch the Joint Chiefs of Staff to see if there is a shift toward Trump loyalists. Of course, this is contingent on Trump even being elected in 2024.

The only "undercurrent mentality" in the US elite forces (that I've ever heard of) is toward Neo-Nazism. Don't even know if that is true.
Old 01-11-2022, 12:05 PM

DoJ creates unit to counter domestic terrorism after Capitol attack
‘We face an elevated threat from domestic violent extremists,’ says assistant attorney general of the national security division

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...stic-terrorism

Long overdue. This will, of course, be fought against by the Trumpkin wing of the Repube party, who depend on the votes of these peckerwoods.
Old 01-11-2022, 01:41 PM

One would think this type of training is already common practice. Just now instead of Iraq or Afghanistan being used as a backdrop. It will now have an all to familiar look to it.

Preconditioning the troops to new surroundings.