Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-30-2023, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Even though lefty Dems tried to interfere with the vote.
BFD. After months of refusing to work with Dems, what did McCarthy do?
Caved and said this.

Quote:
"What I am asking, Republicans and Democrats alike, put your partisanship away, focus on the American public," McCarthy told reporters before the vote.
And today's vote required a super majority to pass legislation, 291 Yay votes I believe.
I suspect come Monday, his gavel will be taken away.

And all you can do is bitch about someone pulling a fire alarm. Surprised they didn't shoot at the ceiling in celebration.
Old 09-30-2023, 06:21 PM

Come to think of it, whoever pulled the fire alarm made a brilliant move, its mocking McCarthy and he well deserved it. Only way the Dems even got to read what is in the bill was by delaying the vote by making speeches.

A truly classless clueless moron.
Old 09-30-2023, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Your far-Reich heroes have delayed the vote for months, yet this is your only comment. You are an asshole.
Quote:
I always know you've got nothing when the name-calling starts....which is often.
Quote:
extremists delaying the vote for months
Ya', nothing. Got it. Truly a MAGA point of view.
Old 09-30-2023, 08:50 PM
Admin

Looks like we will be going through this idiocy again right before Thanksgiving.

Just resign already, Kevin.
Old 09-30-2023, 11:29 PM

Trump-loving Elise Stefanik buried for double standard on crime: 'Unfit for public office'
https://www.rawstory.com/amp/elise-t...ard-2665773965

She’s as pathetic as our resident MAGAMoron.

Quote:
Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY), a key architect of a symbolic resolution to "expunge" the two impeachments of former President Donald Trump, is being called out by conservatives and liberals alike for her quick judgment on the Democratic lawmaker accused of pulling a House fire alarm.

Stefanik, who has consistently stood behind Trump despite his 91 felony charges in various districts, is also known for standing by George Santos. Santos has also been indicted for alleged felonies, and is accused of fraud and of lying about his entire background.

Despite her stance on Trump and Santos, Stefanik was quick to condemn Rep. Jamaal Bowman (D-NY), who has been accused of pulling the fire alarm in order to delay a key funding vote. For his part, Bowman has claimed he didn't know that he would trigger the alarm when he pressed the door.
Old 09-30-2023, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Even though lefty Dems tried to interfere with the vote.
And, of course, your pathetic, hypocritical rush to judgment is wrong. Bowman says he thought it was a button to open a closed but normally open door, and has apologized for his mistake. I’m sure you’ll correct your asshole judgement any time now…. : rolleyes:
Old 10-03-2023, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
And, of course, your pathetic, hypocritical rush to judgment is wrong. Bowman says he thought it was a button to open a closed but normally open door, and has apologized for his mistake. I’m sure you’ll correct your asshole judgement any time now…. : rolleyes:
Nah, not likely. I don't believe Bowman for a second on this one, and neither should you.
Old 10-03-2023, 04:41 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Nah, not likely. I don't believe Bowman for a second on this one, and neither should you.
I'll wait for the results of the internal investigation. If it was deliberate, he deserves appropriate punishment or censure. There are, however, at least 1,000 MAGAts (and their leader) who did much worse things in the Capitol on Jan 6. In fact, Bowman wasn't even in the Capitol. He was in a nearby office building.

Whether deliberate or not, he stupidly gave the GOP something to distract the MAGAts from the GOP Congressional implosion and Trump's trial in NYC. For that alone, the Democrats should punish him behind the scenes (I bet Hakeem Jeffries read him the riot act).
Old 10-03-2023, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Whether deliberate or not, he stupidly gave the GOP something to distract the MAGAts from the GOP Congressional implosion and Trump's trial in NYC. For that alone, the Democrats should punish him behind the scenes (I bet Hakeem Jeffries read him the riot act).
Whatever happened it will pale in comparison to the impending clown show of the GOP/GQP selecting a new Speaker of the House. That and their "failure to launch" (so far) impeachment hearing.