Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-02-2017, 06:44 PM

If Dems Had their own church...

...it would be called "Our Lady of Perpetual Outrage".

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/...t-donald-trump

It really is hard to keep track of all the crap that the left is pissed off about these days. Do you guys keep a list...or maybe a compendium?

If Democrats protest everything with hair-on-fire outrage, will anything end up sticking with the American public beyond their infinite indignity? If they cry wolf every 12 hours, will the effect of their urgency wane over time? Instead of presenting an alternative vision, will they end up looking simply like a party of outrage?

"We need to be guided by a positive message about economic growth for everybody and a country that includes everybody," says Democratic Sen. Chris Murphy of Connecticut, who has expressed concern about the party's focus in reacting to Trump. "We can't respond to everything. You have to decide what to respond to based on what your vision for the country is."

As I've said before, its impossible to discern what the Dems actually are in favor of, or stand for. Hillary's message in the last election amounted to:

- Don't vote for the other guy 'cuz he's scary, and;
- .....?

Problem is, I don't think most Dems are as hard core lefty as their leadership, so coming up with a message that resonates with the average American might be pretty tough for them. So griping may be all they have left....

Yet given that Trump's approval rating is hovering between a respectable 45 and 49 percent depending on the poll, the fury emanating out of Washington and other major American cities is likely disproportional to the country at large. To some Democrats, this is a flashing alarm that incessant full-throated opposition is counterproductive.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:13 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Though full-throated opposition may indeed by counterproductive, I personally can't imagine being willing to give der Trumpenfuhrer a pass, at least until he ditches Bannon and the whole White Nationalist shtick. For the moment, I'll roughly plagiarize Rick Perry, Trump's own Energy Secretary, and call Trump a cancer on our democracy.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:22 PM

Actually, Democrats are the cancer. And, the country is slowly but surely becoming immune to them.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:23 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
Actually, Democrats are the cancer. And, the country is slowly but surely becoming immune to them.
Or so says our resident Fascist.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Right.
And your pussy grabbing standard bearer speaks for your standards and judgement, if not your character.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.vanit...oy-profile/amp
Old 02-02-2017, 08:07 PM

Trump's payback to Russia has already started.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:09 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Right.
And your pussy grabbing standard bearer speaks for your standards and judgement, if not your character.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.vanit...oy-profile/amp
Trump struck me as adolescent, hilariously ostentatious, arbitrary, unkind, profane, dishonest, loudly opinionated, and consistently wrong. He remains the most vain man I have ever met. And he was trying to make a good impression.

No wonder ZeroJunk likes him. Two peas in a pod.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:18 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
...it would be called "Our Lady of Perpetual Outrage".

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/...t-donald-trump

It really is hard to keep track of all the crap that the left is pissed off about these days. Do you guys keep a list...or maybe a compendium?

If Democrats protest everything with hair-on-fire outrage, will anything end up sticking with the American public beyond their infinite indignity? If they cry wolf every 12 hours, will the effect of their urgency wane over time? Instead of presenting an alternative vision, will they end up looking simply like a party of outrage?

"We need to be guided by a positive message about economic growth for everybody and a country that includes everybody," says Democratic Sen. Chris Murphy of Connecticut, who has expressed concern about the party's focus in reacting to Trump. "We can't respond to everything. You have to decide what to respond to based on what your vision for the country is."

As I've said before, its impossible to discern what the Dems actually are in favor of, or stand for. Hillary's message in the last election amounted to:

- Don't vote for the other guy 'cuz he's scary, and;
- .....?

Problem is, I don't think most Dems are as hard core lefty as their leadership, so coming up with a message that resonates with the average American might be pretty tough for them. So griping may be all they have left....

Yet given that Trump's approval rating is hovering between a respectable 45 and 49 percent depending on the poll, the fury emanating out of Washington and other major American cities is likely disproportional to the country at large. To some Democrats, this is a flashing alarm that incessant full-throated opposition is counterproductive.
Speaking of smarmy and lame...thanks for showing your small minded pettiness, Mike. You folks on the right better get used to seeing people peacefully marching in the streets like they did the day after der Trumpenfurher's feeble inaugurination. The way your boy's Trump and Bannon are going, it's only going to get worse from here on out.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:19 PM
Loyal Opposition

Now we know what story the EIB network is pushing lately . . . or is it Breitbart?
Old 02-02-2017, 08:26 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
In some instances, cancer can be cured. However, stupidity like yours can't.