Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:28 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
And now I hear that the firearm involved was an Uzi! Why in TF would a parent put an Uzi in the hands of a 9 year old? Hopefully CPS has been called on these idiots and can find out what other insanity they've been up to with their children.
Yep. The accident occurred when the instructor switched the gun from single shot to full-auto mode. In full auto, the muzzle jump ended up pointing the muzzle at the instructor with deadly consequences.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:38 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
And now I hear that the firearm involved was an Uzi! Why in TF would a parent put an Uzi in the hands of a 9 year old? Hopefully CPS has been called on these idiots and can find out what other insanity they've been up to with their children.
If it was an accident why would CPS become involved? On the other hand, if it's treated for what it actually was ... Fat chance this will happen.

Based on finnbow's report the instructor was incompetent. That's were the trail of negligence ended.

Last edited by nailer; 08-27-2014 at 09:34 AM. Reason: correct tense.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:13 AM
Ready

The family will likely sue the range for having an incompetent instructor and causing psychological harm to their daughter.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
If it was an accident why would CPS become involved? On the other hand, if it's treated for what it actually was ... Fat chance this will happen.

Based on finnbow's report the instructor was incompetent. That's were the trail of negligence ended.
Not now I see it. Of course I'm a repeal the 2nd Amendment fucking communistic fag, so what the hell do I know, eh?

Child protective services is supposed to be called whenever the police, mental health workers, public aid caseworkers, or any other mandatory reporters run into a situation where there appears to be abuse or neglect (which would include parents who can't seem to keep their children out of situations where they, or some other children or anybody else might be at risk). Seems to me, putting an Uzi in the hands of a 9 year old, at a firing range or anyplace else on the planet is worthy of a CPS investigator looking into whatever other bad judgment these parents suffer from. I'd call them in a nano-second. Let them decide if the parents have such poor judgment that this kid, or any other kids mother nature might have been so stupid as to let them produce...could be at risk.

Just sayin'.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
The family will likely sue the range for having an incompetent instructor and causing psychological harm to their daughter.
Of course and obviously it is the instructor's fault. And the parents will claim that they need the money so that their daughter can get counseling.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Seems to me the chronic psychological harm to this child is going to be growing up with parents who would bring a 9 year old to a firing range with the intent of having her trained in the proper use of an Uzi.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:40 AM
Ready

Quote:
Seems to me the chronic psychological harm to this child is going to be growing up with parents who would bring a 9 year old to a firing range with the intent of having her trained in the proper use of an Uzi.
You are likely correct, but I don't see that getting the range off the hook.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:48 AM

I don't know the legalities of turning the parents into CPS, but any parent who includes shooting Uzis in their vacation plans with a nine year old needs to have their heads examined.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:03 AM

One of the comments from the linked news item expresses my thoughts very well.

"Penny Lundquist · Director of Professional Development at Golden Apple Foundation
And now that poor child has to carry this tragedy through the rest of her life. Of course, I blame the adults. Their politics has trumped common sense and the well-being of their child.
"
Old 08-27-2014, 11:43 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Someone needs to go to jail for this. Accidents feel better if someone goes to jail.

[/sarcasm]

Pete