Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-04-2014, 07:53 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
If Charlie Crist wins in Florida, I'll consider it a good night for me.
Looks like Scott will win.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
Well, let's look at a Republican news source:

I do wonder why is it the party that wants to eliminate the minimum wage is this popular when wages suck so bad?

Carl
Lest ye forget the Q1 2014 GDP number was a negative, so a strong Q2 number is hardly indicative of a trend.

I guess that's why the Dems want to focus on wages only. Economic growth has an inflationary impact on wages, and would likely raise standards of living faster than an arbitrary incraese in the minimum wage. But the trend in economic growth since 2009 doesn't provide much of daylight for Dems on that topic.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:53 PM
Persona non grata

'Well, Grant,' said Sherman, 'we've had the devil's own day, haven't we?' 'Yes,' Grant replied, 'lick 'em tomorrow, though.'

http://www.historynet.com/account-of...-of-shiloh.htm

Last edited by Tom Joad; 11-04-2014 at 10:59 PM.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:42 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
He'll still be President of the United States tomorrow morning, in any case. And good and bad as they may be, he'll never do 1/100th of the harm of the toxic idiot that preceded him.

But the United States of Amnesia has pretty much forgotten about that.
True. Those of us with a memory span greater than a gnats and eye sight keep enough to see through all the flag waiving hullabaloo know how spectacularly these arrogant jackasses fuck up. We'll be playing this tune again in 6 to 8 years.

Dave
Old 11-05-2014, 07:58 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Oh, is that the spin for this election cycle? Sorta skirts the central issue of the consistent polling that suggests an electorate that isn't pleased with the current direction the gov't is heading. It also skirts the issue of Dems who didn't want Obama anywhere near them on the campaign trail.

But, if it helps you through the night, then by all means drink that Kool Aid.

...just keep the sharp objects in the drawer.
If the GOP actually believes that their message/performance won this election, they'll be clubbed like baby seals in 2016.

I'm OK with election results, however. The nation (not to mention the markets) generally perform better under divided government and most anything could be better than the last couple of years. If the GOP moderates take control and work to get some things done instead of just posturing, things could improve. If the Teabaggers hold sway like Cruz wants them to, the GOP risks fading into political oblivion.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:27 AM
Resident octogenarian

Well children you have the House and you have the Senate there is just one more thing that you need

A program

And that senile old fart McConnell's only driving force was his absolute hatred for Obama. Well that is not going to run the country. 2016 is looking to be a bloodbath.

As for the Dems who ran away from Obama they may find themselves looking for work, maybe they can write their memoirs like Panetta, Bates and Clinton.

Last edited by merrylander; 11-05-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Well children you have the House and you have the Senate there is just one more thing that you need

A program

And that senile old fart McConnell's only driving force was his absolute hatred for Obama. Well that is not going to run the country. 2016 is looking to be a bloodbath.

As for the Dems who ran away from Obama they may find themselves looking for work, maybe they can write their memoirs like Panetta, Bates and Clinton.

Great post Rob but I do think they do have a program, it is called the elimination of the middle class. Probably take away food stamps for the working poor like Walmart employees too and tell them to take on another job if you are too broke to buy food just like Romney would do.

Carl
Old 11-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Banned

Here's what it means. By the year 6 mid-term elections during the administration of any 2 term president, Americans are pissed off that whoever is president hasn't given them everything they want and made somebody else pay for it. So they're mad and they petulantly stomp down to the polling place and vote for somebody from the other party. Happened to Clinton, happened to Dubya, and now it's happened to Obama. The American electorate is like somebody with lactose intolerance eating a pound of cheese. They do it. It gives them diarrhea. They do it again. It gives them diarrhea. They do it again.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:21 PM

If they try to impeach him for some bs reason they risk 2016. Plus being successful would only place Biden in the incumbent seat for 2016....and going after Biden would be a huge constitutional crisis worse than the one preceding it by the impeachment of Obama.

they have to pass some bills....infrastructure and the Keystone pipeline could be tied together.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:37 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

There's still rumblings of a tax code overhaul with the lame duck session too.

Pete