Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:05 AM
Resident octogenarian

Funny, I have always thought that the man who cheats on his wife, and then goes and confesses to her begging forgivness is a coward. Just like going to confession, you do what the priest says and your sins are absolved.

Had he determined, as he said, that the affair was over, kept his mouth shut and lived with what he had done, that would have taken guts. YMMV

Of course he would also have had to be more discrete in the first place.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:47 AM

Between Lauriann (wife) & Bethany (surrogate daughter) I have all the women I care to have...I love them both, in obviously different ways, & one really cannot replace the other. LA is STILL walking about a foot-foot & a half above the floor over her new car, & Bethany REALLY got me the other day when she called & wished me a happy father's day..I said, "Why you wishin' ME Happy Father's Day?!? You know I don't have any kids..." She said that I'd been like a daddy to her...Aww, man-You coulda bowled me over w/a feather...And LA-The way she's taken care of ALL of us-Me w/my surgery, my sister & her thyroid surgery, my Uncle when he messed his foot up, my mom in her final illness...Shit, she deserves a dozen new cars...This latest schmuck cheatin' like he did...Too bad they still don't have horsewhippin' as a punishment...I can't think of anybody who deserves it more...Except maybe Eliot Spitzer, The Breck girl, John Edwards...The list of "Cads" goes on & on...
Old 06-30-2009, 08:02 PM

Cheatin' Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Funny, I have always thought that the man who cheats on his wife, and then goes and confesses to her begging forgivness is a coward. Just like going to confession, you do what the priest says and your sins are absolved.

Had he determined, as he said, that the affair was over, kept his mouth shut and lived with what he had done, that would have taken guts. YMMV

Of course he would also have had to be more discrete in the first place.
Well, as one who is coming up on their 25th anniversary PDQ, I agree that descretion is the better part of valor. Little head has given me lots of ideas, but the big head, no matter how drunk, has prevailed. Besides, my word is my bond. And I'm gonna have to spend a week at the Isla Mujeres just to prove my dedication. Boo, hiss!!!

But I can still look my wife in the eyes and tell her the truth...other than what I think about a week at the Isla.

Some people love trouble, they fuck up, then they admit to it just to create strife. Personally, I don't believe the Gov did anything more than make the smart political play...his ass was caught.

But at least he didn't go on the teevee and tell a bald faced lie. He deserves some credit for that.

Not much, but some.

Chas
Old 06-30-2009, 09:09 PM

Apparently this guy is a piece of work. He said in an interview today that the Argentine babe was still his soul mate, but he was "trying" to fall back in love with his wife. I'm sure she felt good when she heard or read that. He strikes me as a "it's all about me" dickhead, who wouldn't know a good woman if one bit him in the ass.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Apparently this guy is a piece of work. He said in an interview today that the Argentine babe was still his soul mate, but he was "trying" to fall back in love with his wife. I'm sure she felt good when she heard or read that. He strikes me as a "it's all about me" dickhead, who wouldn't know a good woman if one bit him in the ass.
You're right, also understand that he's been gettin' a little mud for his duck from others than his "soul mate".

Gettin' kinda hard to say anything nice about the dumb bastard,

Chas
Old 07-01-2009, 06:37 AM

We DON'T know the whole situation in this Sanford business, maybe the wife was a fire-breathing dragon, but its hard to think, knowing what we know at present, that he is anything other than a 1st-class asshat...
Old 07-01-2009, 07:25 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
We DON'T know the whole situation in this Sanford business, maybe the wife was a fire-breathing dragon, but its hard to think, knowing what we know at present, that he is anything other than a 1st-class asshat...
No matter what the actions of his wife he still was absent from the state and a bible stumping hypocrite.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:59 AM
Resident octogenarian

Congratulations on your upcoming Silver Anniversary Charles, ours was last Oct 29tth.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:40 PM

The Gov

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
No matter what the actions of his wife he still was absent from the state and a bible stumping hypocrite.
Why don't you just let it all hang out and call him a bucket full of sonsabitches. Or a "motherless kaacksu..er"...picked that one up from a WWII B17 pilot I did some work for. The most obscene individual I've ever met, and I've met a bunch.

Take care,
Chas
Old 07-01-2009, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
At least he didn't hide out in the men's room of a swanky hotel like the Breck girl did. I feel sorry for his wife and sons.
Nor did he adapt a wide stance in the Minneapolis Airport or send inappropriate text messages to underage male pages
All politicians are scumbags. They believe that they are held to a different standard than the rest of us.