Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-24-2017, 06:27 PM
Admin

Trump Really Screwed The Pooch This Time

He messed with the one true religion in America, sports.

A nice white lady from Tennessee takes a knee after delivering the national anthem at the Seahawks/Titans game. Both teams stayed in their locker rooms in protest during the national anthem.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...ks-titans-game
Old 09-24-2017, 06:38 PM
Ready

Watch out. Trump make take this further than before.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
he messed with the one true religion in america, sports.

A nice white lady from tennessee takes a knee after delivering the national anthem at the seahawks/titans game. Both teams stayed in their locker rooms in protest during the national anthem.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...ks-titans-game
Old 09-24-2017, 07:28 PM
Admin

A 97-year-old World War II veteran from Missouri took a knee Sunday morning in support of NFL football players’ protests, and his grandson’s photo of it took Twitter by storm.
“My grandpa is a 97 year-old WWII vet & Missouri farmer who wanted to join w/ those who #TakeaKnee,” Brennan Gilmore tweeted about John Middlemas.
Then, quoting his grandfather, Gilmore added: “Those kids have every right to protest.”

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/news/nation-...#storylink=cpy

This ain't going away, Trumpies.

Last edited by bobabode; 09-24-2017 at 07:32 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:14 PM
Admin

"Of all the National Football League franchise owners, Bob McNair is probably one of President Trump’s most generous donors.

The Houston Texans owner donated $2 million in 2016 to a pro-Trump super PAC. He is also among the eight NFL franchise owners who collectively doled out millions of dollars for Trump’s inauguration, helping the New York billionaire raise an unprecedented $107 million in inaugural contributions.

Now, McNair has joined a chorus of NFL owners in calling out the president for deriding players who protest during the national anthem. Trump used profane language when he disparaged protesting players during a political rally on Friday in Alabama. He doubled down on his verbal attacks over the weekend, calling on NFL owners to fire or suspend players who protest, encouraging fans to boycott games and claiming that attendance and ratings are “WAY DOWN.”

How attacking North America’s most powerful sports league — led by billionaires who lean mostly toward the Republican Party — would affect Trump politically remains to be seen. But if this weekend’s parade of criticism from franchise owners are any indication, Trump’s most recent inflammatory rhetoric appears to be another self-inflicted wound.

The backlash from the National Football League began to take shape Saturday, when Trump’s verbal attacks drew criticism from NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. Several other NFL owners took to social media to call out Trump. And before their games began Sunday, dozens of players, along with their team owners, coaches and chairmen, either took a knee or linked arms as they stood next to one another during the national anthem — a mass act of defiance.

McNair, who donated $1 million for Trump’s inauguration, called the president’s comments “divisive and counterproductive to what our country needs right now” in a statement Sunday. Campaign finance records show that he also donated $449,000 to a fundraising committee called Trump Victory.

Another major Trump donor, New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft, said he is “deeply disappointed” by the president’s tone Friday, when he criticized one player without mentioning a name. The national anthem protest was popularized by San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who knelt last season to draw attention to police violence against African Americans." WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e48ce2200b12

I wonder if Prez. Dumbass von Bronzed Combover realizes just how far he's stuck his own foot down his throat?

Last edited by bobabode; 09-24-2017 at 08:17 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
This ain't going away, Trumpies.
This one won't go away soon, a young woman and an elderly WWII veteran both declaring their solidarity with the NFL players. Amazing unselfish gestures indeed.

Trump should let this go but I will be shocked if he does let these pass. Twitter is his best friend and his worst enemy.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:37 PM

Speaking of Robert Kraft who is also a close personal friend of Trump, gave him a Superbowl ring during the Patriot's official visit to the WH to add to his undeserved Purple Heart.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ing/588949001/
Old 09-24-2017, 08:43 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
This one won't go away soon, a young woman and an elderly WWII veteran both declaring their solidarity with the NFL players. Amazing unselfish gestures indeed.

Trump should let this go but I will be shocked if he does let these pass. Twitter is his best friend and his worst enemy.
He continues to double down on his race-baiting idiocy. He can't help himself. He'll keep digging.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:15 PM

The owners and commissioner are circling the wagons hoping to save their pocketbook. Even a 10% loss of audience would be a big deal.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:21 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
The owners and commissioner are circling the wagons hoping to save their pocketbook. Even a 10% loss of audience would be a big deal.
Right now there are hippies all over the country planning Monday Night Football parties with craft beer and brownies. (grin)