in keeping this site going.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:39 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Too highbrow for you guys?

OK then. Milwaukee's Best Ice Draft for all. I'll drink the good stuff

Pete
Old 10-31-2014, 10:57 AM
Ready

MBI is actually not bad for what it is, everyday brewski. But I'm not into everyday brewski these days, so an Arrogant Bastard for me, thanks.

That is, unless HK has any of those Bavarian beauties left.....
Old 10-31-2014, 11:25 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I've been known to head for the mountains and drink a Busch Light or 3 once in a while

But as I get older beer seems to get sweeter and sweeter which I don't really like. Even Guinness and Honkers Ale (a bitter).

Cheers mate

Pete
Old 10-31-2014, 11:31 AM
Ready

When I was young, when we visited the family in Washington and Oregon I used to really enjoy hooking some of the Olympia my uncles all drank. I've since figured out why it was so superior to my pre-adult tastes. That stuff is sweet indeed!
Old 10-31-2014, 11:48 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Olympia! Weird how things bring back memories. I had that can in my collection when I was young

Pete
Old 10-31-2014, 12:01 PM

Seagram's Platium Vodka which is 100 proof...it is only $6.99 at this liquor store in Temecula.

I might start before I hand out the candy lol.

I want to buy some of that 190 proof grain alcohol but I do not want to OD either.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:12 PM
Ready

I'll never forget the time I was in a package store and there was this Muslim couple, just off the plane, spoke not a word of English. Obviously, experimenting with the forbidden liquid fruit was high on their list! But the vast selection totally bewildered them. The clerk's attempts to advise them were 99% stopped at the language barrier. Damn if they didn't settle on a bottle of Everclear. Guessing, I'd say they could read numbers, and 190 looked like the best number. I expected to read about the Muslim family found dead of alcohol poisoning in the paper, but I didn't....
Old 10-31-2014, 12:37 PM

Looked up Everclear (having never heard of the stuff) and it is banned for sale in 13 US states. Scary stuff if you cannot read the label.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:41 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Ice hand out shots to the adults! I used to before apartment living and they love it. $6.99?? Wow.

When I was a teen in Venice IL we used to get Everclear occasionally, give the town drunk enough for a bottle of ripple and he's get you anything you wanted. If you've had good moonshine it won't be a problem.

I'd love to see the look on the newcomers' faces the first time they tried it.

Pete
Old 10-31-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
I'll never forget the time I was in a package store and there was this Muslim couple, just off the plane, spoke not a word of English. Obviously, experimenting with the forbidden liquid fruit was high on their list! But the vast selection totally bewildered them. The clerk's attempts to advise them were 99% stopped at the language barrier. Damn if they didn't settle on a bottle of Everclear. Guessing, I'd say they could read numbers, and 190 looked like the best number. I expected to read about the Muslim family found dead of alcohol poisoning in the paper, but I didn't....
The liquor store in Temecula is owned by Iraqis if I am not mistaken...I remember asking them where they were from once. The stuff I am talking about has a picture of corn on the bottle with words highly flammable on it. It is at the Air Force exchange.

there are some places there in the Middle East where you can drink. I have gotten really drunk in Dubai UAE, and one can party hard in Bahrain, usually to a Russian emigre band. I think many Saudis travel over the bridge to Bahrain so enjoy so good times.