Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Thanks guys...I think I will just go buy a new one and take some deoxit to this one....
it is not a real thick one...pretty slim I purhased it in 2009. Amazing how things do not last. It was like $600 plus brand new but I guess in 2009 dollars that is not alot...

shame how things do not last like they used to
I have a Sony 1080I projection TV with a huge sound system in it. We really wanted it out of the house because it is so big (50" screen, huge case). Two weeks ago we loaded it into the back of my truck, drove 150 miles , and unloaded it at my mother in laws house. After all that rough treatment I plugged it in and it did not even need a lens realignment. It is ten years old and gets a fantastic HD picture. I kinda miss the old war horse already. If it dies tomorrow I will consider it money well spent.

On thing to remember when buying a flat screen TV/monitor is that our eyes are not fast enough to tell the difference between an 850P and a 1080P. Save some money and get a high quality 850P. I am going TV shopping this weekend to replace the Sony and will see if I can tell any difference between the two.