Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-01-2022, 05:58 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

The FBI Raid and the Mar-a-Lago Documents

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
It didn't need to go this way, but when the Feds set out to get you, they'll find a way.
Gotta call BS here. If the Feds were really out to get him, he would be in jail already for obstruction in the Mueller probe, bank fraud/election law violations in the Stormy Daniels case, and/or assorted lawbreaking associated with the 2020 election and Jan 6.
He has been given undue deference and accordingly thought he could steal boatloads of TS/SCI documents and obstruct an investigation into their whereabouts and not suffer any consequences. He simply does not think that any laws apply to him.

Last edited by finnbow; 09-01-2022 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-01-2022, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Kindly point me to the post in this thread where I said “the Feds are the bad guys”.
As at least two people WAY smarter than you have already pointed out:

"when the Feds set out to get you, they'll find a way"

Doh!
Old 09-01-2022, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Third paragraph.
Nope. That's not calling anyone a bad guy. At worst, it hearkens back to this comment by Chuck S:

“Let me tell you, you take on the intelligence community, they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you,” Schumer told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow.

In this case, it was the FBI and Justice.
Old 09-01-2022, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
As at least two people WAY smarter than you have already pointed out:

"when the Feds set out to get you, they'll find a way"

Doh!
At least two people way smarter than you, and the "way smarter than you" crowd is actually pretty large, misinterpreted the remark.
Old 09-01-2022, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Gotta call BS here. If the Feds were really out to get him, he would be in jail already for obstruction in the Mueller probe, bank fraud/election law violations in the Stormy Daniels case, and/or assorted lawbreaking associated with the 2020 election and Jan 6.
He has been given undue deference and accordingly thought he could steal boatloads of TS/SCI documents and obstruct an investigation into their whereabouts and not suffer any consequences. He simply does not think that any laws apply to him.
The deference is due to legal precedent about indicting a sitting President. And if you think a Special Counsel being appointed while you're President, and then taking two years to conduct an investigation does your Presidency any favors and helps you advance your agenda, then I've got a bridge to sell you.

That's the second time you've used the word "steal", or should I say, misused it. No one is alleging "theft"of the documents.
Old 09-01-2022, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
Hi Whell,

So I gotta ask, if Mr. Trump didn't have any top secret documents that he shouldn't have, do you think the Feds still would have set out to get him? And, I might as well also ask, do you think he'll be charged with the alleged attempted overturning of the election, or the alleged enticement of the Jan 6 capitol riot ?
1) I hope there's no agenda here on the part of the Justice Dept.

2) The Jan 6th committee can't issue indictments, but I believe they will press the DOJ to pursue charges based on whatever evidence they've developed.
Old 09-01-2022, 07:14 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
The deference is due to legal precedent about indicting a sitting President. And if you think a Special Counsel being appointed while you're President, and then taking two years to conduct an investigation does your Presidency any favors and helps you advance your agenda, then I've got a bridge to sell you.

That's the second time you've used the word "steal", or should I say, misused it. No one is alleging "theft"of the documents.

It was the Trump DOJ that appointed a Special Counsel who found numerous crimes committed by the Trump campaign. Indeed George Papadopolous was the one whose statement to an Australian diplomat launched the investigation.
Trump could have surrounded himself with competent, honest people. Instead he chose Manafort, Roger Stone, Rick Gates, Papadopolous, Kushner and other unsavory, dishonest clowns. It was Trump and the behavior of his campaign that caused a Special Counsel to be appointed.

Last edited by finnbow; 09-01-2022 at 07:19 PM.
Old 09-01-2022, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
It was the Trump DOJ that appointed a Special Counsel who found numerous crimes committed by the Trump campaign. Indeed George Papadopolous was the one whose statement to an Australian diplomat launched the investigation.
Trump could have surrounded himself with competent, honest people. Instead he chose Manafort, Roger Stone, Rick Gates, Papadopolous, Kushner and other unsavory, dishonest clowns. It was Trump and the behavior of his campaign that caused a Special Counsel to be appointed.
Damn, you record keeps skipping.

No, that's not why Mueller was appointed, and you don't get to re-write history:

The appointment of Mueller — who is widely respected on both sides of the aisle -- comes after a growing outcry, mostly from Democrats, amid fallout of President Trump's firing of FBI Director James Comey last week. While the White House initially insisted the dismissal was precipitated by Comey's mishandling of the investigation into Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton's emails — outlined by Rosenstein in a memo — Trump later told NBC's Lester Holt that the Russia investigation factored into his decision.

https://www.npr.org/2017/05/17/52884...e-russia-probe

Now, you can make the point that the appointment of Meuller was specifically to continue the investigation over Russian collusion, but then you'd need to also concede that Mueller's probe didn't find any evidence of collusion. And no one really expected them to, because they were looking in the wrong place.

Last edited by whell; 09-01-2022 at 07:51 PM.
Old 09-01-2022, 10:41 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Damn, you record keeps skipping.

No, that's not why Mueller was appointed, and you don't get to re-write history:

The appointment of Mueller — who is widely respected on both sides of the aisle -- comes after a growing outcry, mostly from Democrats, amid fallout of President Trump's firing of FBI Director James Comey last week. While the White House initially insisted the dismissal was precipitated by Comey's mishandling of the investigation into Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton's emails — outlined by Rosenstein in a memo — Trump later told NBC's Lester Holt that the Russia investigation factored into his decision.

https://www.npr.org/2017/05/17/52884...e-russia-probe

Now, you can make the point that the appointment of Meuller was specifically to continue the investigation over Russian collusion, but then you'd need to also concede that Mueller's probe didn't find any evidence of collusion. And no one really expected them to, because they were looking in the wrong place.

He fired Comey due to Crossfire Hurricane which was initiated due to the coffee-boy claims in a London wine bar. The Mueller Report most definitely did not say that he did not find any evidence of collusion, no matter how many times you spew that same lie. Indeed he found that both Manafort and Stone collaborated with Russian agents and that obstruction by both of them (with promises of a presidential pardon which Trump subsequently delivered) and Trump himself prevented Mueller from finding further evidence of collusion than he did.

You continue to spew the same bullshit that Barr recently got castigated for by 4 federal judges. It’s clear that Trump didn’t lead a conspiracy with Russia. He’s too lazy and stupid. But his campaign staff did coordinate with Russians and they (and Trump) obstructed the (otherwise successful) investigation into it.

Last edited by finnbow; 09-01-2022 at 10:53 PM.
Old 09-02-2022, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Given some of the crap I've seen in posts because I've been hesitant to come to a conclusion, I thought I'd put this in its own thread:

I now think I know where the Feds are going, and the law on which they're making a case. And I think they have a case.

It didn't need to go this way, but when the Feds set out to get you, they'll find a way. And in this case, they found it. Trump didn't help himself, either, with his public statements about the documents and their classified nature.

I do now expect an indictment.
Is this a concession thread or a confession thread?

"It didn't need to go this way, but when the Feds set out to get you, they'll find a way."

Spoken like a true Trumper, he is the victim of the FBI's Seven Year itch?

As I have posted this before from a co-worker, "You don't get put in jail for committing a crime, you get put in jail for being dumb enough to get caught". Trump was dumb enough to get caught stealing classified documents and now squealing like a pig. And all of us should be worried, why did he take them and what did he do with them? Read at bedtime? He cannot read. Write his memoirs? He cannot write. So why did he steal them? And what did he do with them?

Last edited by Rajoo; 09-02-2022 at 12:47 AM.