Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:02 PM

Well shoot. You guys don't need me at all. But, you know, at least we're all sining from the same hymn book.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
You are not willing to accept that Obama has the intellect to digest and understand complicated economic information and choose strategies according to that information. He is somewhat stunted in his ability to whittle those complex decisions down into bite sized nuggets tor the television generation. Certainly he is not the gifted salesman that Reagan and Clinton were. I'll still choose the smartest kid in the class to make the important decisions.

Regards,

D-Ray
Nope, I'm not. This is a guy whose handlers seem worried to let him loose without a teleprompter, and when he doesn't have one available he often comes off sounding like a boob. His comments and responses to questions contort into vague, rambling and homogenized cliches that might, on a good day, come within a country mile of answering the question. This doesn't come off, to your point, like lack of oratorical skills. It comes of sounding like someone trying to BS their way through a question when they have no idea what they're taking about.

His stimulus package - a pork festival if there ever was one - had to be passed in a lightning fast manner because we had to "act now (in 2009) to get people back to work and get keep unemployment from exceeding 8% by year end. Would someone please tell the genius in chief that unemployment is above 9.5% and holding...for most of this year and last?

He was the least vetted - by a willing media who drank the Kool-aid of the "historic presidency" - of any presidential candidate that I can remember. He's never had a job that has allowed him to demonstrate the intellectual firepower that you seem willing to imbue him with. He seems framed by what appear to be rigid personal biases..until prompted by his handlers (i.e., the beer summit).

He is prone to making some towering gaffes that make one question whether he really is "smarter than a 6th grader". For example:

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go."

Or maybe his is really smarter than all of us. As he said at a Ramadan ceremony earlier this year: Ramadan greeting, "Islam has always been part of America and ... American Muslims have made extraordinary contributions to our country." I certainly can't think of a single "extraordinary contribution" (and this is not meant to demean American Muslims, but put the comment in context) but maybe I'm just not that smart.

Now, I do agree with some things he has said. He wants to get away from the concept of bailing out "too big to fail" enterprises, in whatever industry they may be in. However, this is like the fox telling the chicken that he's not hungry, because he's already eaten his way though the chicken coupe. While I agree with his words, he's not got a lot of credibility on this issue.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
Good a plan as any. Let's take a closer look at the plan the Republicans have offered in the wake of their "historic victory" last week. Let's see they plan to... Um. Their plan includes... What they've suggested is...

Oh, wait. They don't have any plan. I forgot.
Well, their plan is to set about establishing a McCarthy style HCUA. See, this way they can keep the public distracted by wasting our time, (and money) with endless hearings, theatrics, witch hunts and boogeyman chasing.
And that whole economy thingy? Uh, ummm....we preserved the Bush tax cu.....LOOK, IT'S THAT HOMO BARNEY FRANK!!!! GIT 'IM!!!

Dave
Old 11-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
This is a President, surrounded by a team of advisers, that has never produced a product, managed an enterprise more complicated than, say, a lemonade stand, and never hired, managed or fired a single employee, yet we're asked to believe that they single-handedly saved the economy and capitalism.

Yea, that's me, falling out of the turnip truck!
No, not single handedly, that's ridiculous.

But when the next Republican Superhero steps into the Presidential phonebooth and straps on his/her cape, suddenly the notion of a singular saviour in the form of an Oval Office occupant will become perfectly reasonable.

Won't it, my friend?

Dave

P.s.
And don't try to tell me otherwise. Because that's about all we hear from the right is about how Saint Ronnie single handedly saved not just America, but the entire world, ferfuksake.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:51 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchetJack View Post
Noon, you are right we need job creation. I am not against raising taxes when
needed but the economy is so stagnant now is not the time. I think a better
way would be to create jobs due to demand. In order to do that we have to
have product shortages. A grass roots movement to buy American would be
great but I do not know how to start that trend with this generation of
consumers. Someone in power needs to man up and put a stop to all these
imported products that send our wealth to other countries or foreign
corporations. There needs to be better incentives for American companies
to hire Americans and do business here. Paying 40 -50% or more in taxes
and trying to compete with foreign countries sent them over there to begin
with. I think once we get Americans back to work and generating income
there will be money available for bridges and roads ect... I know most of
you are against an American business profiting at the expense of American
workers but really the only way to get back to where we were is to get back
to where we were. Back up and punt and start playing defense again. The
trick offense or economy didn't work. But whatever go ahead and slice and
dice my comments however you guys see fit.
We know American Corps will not hire nor source America so giving "incentives" to American corps will not work. The best way to create demand is to put money in the hands of those who will spend it. That would be the unemployed or lowest income folks. The wealthy will simple add to their savings which only helps them and not the country. So if we put the unemployed to work we stimulate the economy and get things but at the same time which is another free ride for private corps. Win win.

Of course now is the time to raise taxes. The people that are working can live without a frw extra dollars and the few extra dollars would put folks to work. Putting those folks to work would stimulate the economy. If we give big business incentives half the money is wasted and goes straight to profits. If the government does it we get all our monies worth.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:53 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:

Stick around, Jack. You've much to learn, but since you're here, there's hope for you.

It seems you start with a conclusion and then build a case to support it. Why you are so desperate to hold on to such hooey is beyond me.
I would suggest you stick around. You've much to learn, but since you're here, there's hope for you.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:11 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchetJack View Post
I liked ole Reagan, when he was around we had Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.
Now we have no Hope and no Cash.
yes we discussed this yesterday

the Andy and Opie syndrome
Old 11-09-2010, 06:13 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Just for the record folks, "too" is the word to use when comparing the degree of something - size, length, repetition, etc - to the expected proportion. For example, something that is larger than it should be is too large. Sorry, the editor in me couldn't be held back any longer.

Regards,

D-Ray
language is the art of communication and I find whichever is used the idea is conveyed just fine

you should agree toooooooooooo
Old 11-09-2010, 06:17 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
This is a President, surrounded by a team of advisers, that has never produced a product, managed an enterprise more complicated than, say, a lemonade stand, and never hired, managed or fired a single employee, yet we're asked to believe that they single-handedly saved the economy and capitalism.

Yea, that's me, falling out of the turnip truck!
yep, better to have someone like Bush WHO ran his businesses into the ground only to be saved by friends of his dad.

You know whell, most folks who keep falling eventually figure out how to "balance" themselves.

just sayin'
Old 11-09-2010, 06:20 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
Gee, compared to that, a failed oil company and a baseball team sound pretty impressive. Maybe we can get someone who served half a term as Gov. of a state with fewer people than a decent sized city next.
a perfect plan

http://www.palinaspresident.us/