Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:50 PM

With that big of a drop, I'd think we'd also see the number on food stamps coming down.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
With that big of a drop, I'd think we'd also see the number on food stamps coming down.
No doubt they will.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

It'll become the 46%

It's very good news for us, and good news for Obie, I hope it's, um, straightforward. At this point I'd be leery of anything like this from both sides though.

It has felt like things are getting better.

Pete
Old 10-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
It'll become the 46%

It's very good news for us, and good news for Obie, I hope it's, um, straightforward. At this point I'd be leery of anything like this from both sides though.

Pete
I agree. Nothing scientific but the commercial real estate seems to be filling up once again around here. It was friggin' depressing to see all of the empty retail and office space looking like a gapped tooth grin in my neck of the woods.

Of course out here in lalaland those trees are mostly palms and jacarandas.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
I agree. Nothing scientific but the commercial real estate seems to be filling up once again around here. It was friggin' depressing to see all of the empty retail and office space looking like a gapped tooth grin in my neck of the woods.

Of course out here in lalaland those trees are mostly palms and jacarandas.
Building more here. That can't be a bad sign.

John
Old 10-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Area Man

Quote:
It'll become the 46%

Pete
Yes, but I'd be even more leary of unsubstantiated negative kneejerk reactions to such news. The GOPs constant doomsday predictions and "Everything you hear is a lie unless it comes from us." mantra is bound to wear thin sooner or later with all but their most die hard adherents.

Regards,
Dave
Old 10-05-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
It'll become the 46%

Pete
WOW ....the cool meter is surging to .....1!
Old 10-05-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
It'll become the 46%

Pete
Pete, honestly I feel things are improving a lot. I was test driving cars Wednesday while my work truck was in the shop. We drove down a highway that is narrow and curvy. I was shocked to see a couple of huge new McMansion subdivisions going in. Most houses were already sold and many new homes were under construction.

I see signs of economic recovery in my area all the time. The car lot I was at sold sixty four white fleet pickups and vans this month. There are major road improvement projects going on everywhere. Four huge schools have been built this year in the NW Arkansas metropolitan area. I have many more examples. I will spare you.

Right now I do not believe it is a good time to change horses in the middle of the stream. Romney/Ryan is not the answer. I have not heard one specific about how they are going to get use out of this mess.

To me we are coming out of the depression /recession despite an almost 100% obstruction of the Republican members of Congress, on all bills proposed, to improve the economy. It reinforces my faith in the American worker. Thank God for us.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgrr View Post

To me we are coming out of the depression /recession despite an almost 100% obstruction of the Republican members of Congress, on all bills proposed, to improve the economy. It reinforces my faith in the American worker. Thank God for us.
+1 Indeed.

Carl
Old 10-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
Amen, Brother.

Those of us who ignored (Or lampooned.) the fearmongering, kept our noses to the grindstone, kept investing, kept spending our money and didn't mind helping carry our unfortunate brothers load is what staved off an even greater catastrophe.

Hopefully the younger folks were watching and got a better picture of how it really works.

Regards,
Dave